Video Files on Forum ×

CTK-573 Midi Help

My wife has a CTK-573 from when she was younger.  She does not have any software for it.  I bought a MIDI-USB cable to connect it, and nothing happened.  I learned you need software to connect it.  I tried to check the "software download" from the casio website, but could not find one for a keyboard that far back.  Could anyone please help us find where the driver is available so I can hook it up to the computer for her?  Thank you very much for any assistance.

Did you connected your keyboard in Windows PC, then check your PC detected the MIDI or not?

To check that go to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.

Another way of checking is, Right Click on This PC / My Computer then click on Manager and click on Device Manager, then select Software Devices.

In the above both ways, if you find the CASIO USB-MIDI device then connection of your midi from keyboard to computer is correct or you are connected... If still the data does not transfer or receive then may be MIDI connection of your keyboard is not ENABLED by the audio software.

"CASIO USB-MIDI" is not applicable to the CTK-573.  This model is older, and not equipped with a USB port, therefore drivers do not exist for it.  It is equipped with traditional MIDI ports, which are not directly compatible with a computer without a MIDI to USB adapter, such as the one you purchased.  The adapter itself will install as a new device.  You should check with the manufacturer of the adapter on how to proceed.  Most are class compliant, meaning the operating system will automatically install the driver.  You should confirm the adapter cable is properly installed before proceeding further.  Once the adapter is installed, you can open any software designed to work with a MIDI device.  For Windows, a free utility called MIDI-Ox can help diagnose proper connection.