Video Files on Forum ×

Can you save PX350 data on a PX360?

jeffn1

I doubt all the data is backwards compatible. Tones are probably not, since the PX350 cannot edit tones. I don't know but I think the PX360 can't either and the sound engines may not be the same. The rhythms will be since both use AC7, although I don't know if the tones used will exactly match each other although both use GM tones for rhythms primarily and the soundset on the PX350 is much smaller than the 360.

You can save multi-track compositions as midi (.mid) files in each, and these may be cross-compatible-although again, tone-for-tone matching may not be the same. You might have to switch PX350 tones around in the PX360 with the mixer for your multi-track arrangements. Strictly speaking, the 350 does not have an internal software mixer, the settings for individual tones in a multi-track composition cannot be edited unless you offload your composition to a software DAW as a midi file, edit it there, and import it back into the PX360 or 350. You might have to do the same with the rhythm arrangements.

Edited by Jokeyman123