Video Files on Forum ×

Proposals for improving the firmware of Casio CT - X3000.

casio_style

What I think, there may be a chance of half for the new firmware for both CT-X3000 and CT-X5000... As compared to price (not models-wise) CT-S1000V is higher then CT-X5000 by Sweetwater or Kraft Music... CT-S1000V having 3 assign knobs which is lot better. But in CT-X5000, there is assignment function available on Modulation button and from Pedal sources too.

There might be a no chance that Volume button will going to be works as a assign functions. No more buttons or knobs on the Dashboard so how can we control the volume of the keyboard? 🙂

On Pitchband wheel, if the firmware version comes with assign facilities so how it can be holded? It comes on it own position when we left figures from it.

That is my thoughts. CT-X are stable and cannot having and error or a bug, I think there is no need to be updated to any new version. But, Hopefully, if we get any more updates with the bit more functions added will be good. 🙂 

Edited by Akshansh

IMPROVEMENTS

1: DRUM EDITOR AS IN CASIO MZ-X

2: REPROGRAMMABLE SUSTAIN BUTTON (UPPER 2 SELECTABLE)

3: AUTO FILL IN

4: RUNNING WAVE FILES ON PRHASE PAD (LINK TO PEN DRIVE)

5: LOWER FREEZE (SOUNDS LIKE STRINGS WOULD BE KEEPING IN THE LEFT HAND)

6: TONES EDITOR SOFTWARE (CT-X'S SCREEN IS SMALL FOR SO MANY DSP EDITIONS)

CORRECTIONS

1: IMPROVE MIDI COMMUNICATION WITH THE DAW AND SOFTWARE

2: THE KEYBOARD CRASH WHEN WE ARE GOING TO EDIT THE RHYTHM AND ASSIGN THE ELEMENTS TO THE PITCH BEND

Just now, Silvano Silva said:

IMPROVEMENTS

7: EVENT EDIT ON STYLE EDITION

CORRECTIONS

2: THE KEYBOARD CRASH WHEN WE ARE GOING TO EDIT THE RHYTHM AND ASSIGN THE ELEMENTS TO THE PITCH BEND

15 hours ago, Silvano Silva said:

IMPROVEMENTS

CORRECTIONS

Casio will not include these updates.

While these fixes, Casio will only fix it when some user who has the keyboard within the warranty period and takes the keyboard to an assistance and reports the bug.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, casio_style said:

I propose to make the firmware in updating, the Pitch Bend regulator is reprogrammed and reassigned. For example, so that you can assign modulation or Cutoff to it or another controller. Also, it would be nice if it is possible to make the volume controlle too reassigned

There is no possibility to assign the volume knob and Pitch Bend to this.

But Dial Knob is possible.

For example:

Assign the first 4 rhythm category buttons to select parameters like Attack time, Release time, Resonance and Cut off.

Then after having selected the desired parameter, we would use the Dial Knob to change these parameters in real time.

1 hour ago, Casio Key said:

There is no possibility to assign the volume knob and Pitch Bend to this.

But Dial Knob is possible.

For example:

Assign the first 4 rhythm category buttons to select parameters like Attack time, Release time, Resonance and Cut off.

Then after having selected the desired parameter, we would use the Dial Knob to change these parameters in real time.

Yes, it's might be possible!

Also, there may be a options to assign NumPad buttons would be helpful to all.

As Casio Key said, press the assigned button and the option will appear on the screen and with the Value Dial it will configurable the assigned function at the real time.

As in CT-X5000 some buttons are similar to each other like CATEGORY, RHYTHM, TONE, NUMPAD BUTTONS, Tones and Rhythms categories buttons.

For example, in CT-X5000 (only) if I want to change the rhythm I have an one option... Press Category button and after selecting the category select the rhythm, which I thing no need for this purpose only. Why? Because I already have dedicated Rhythms categories of buttons!

So, I mean, similar buttons are also may be assigned by firmware update if it is possible.

And for CT-X3000 the buttons are fine but if they works multifunctional options would be very nice. 😀

Edited by Akshansh

Exactly, but unfortunately we already know that Casio will not add these updates in a future firmware for the CT-X3000/5000.

The next updates for the CT-X3000/5000 will simply be fixes.

And about the volume knob being assigned to change parameters, I don't find that interesting at all.

It would be nice to use an expression pedal on pedal 2/expression input to change parameters.

• Like 1

Correct, but I don't know if the keyboard having any bug(s), because all functions are working properly. So, sadly I think there may be no more update for CT-X.

There is one thing should be improved by an update is, Rhythm Player. It is not smoother as compared to other models of Casio keyboards. I'm not taking MZ-X500 or 300 because that are top of the line. But previously released the CTK series, CTK7300IN (7200) have smooth Rhythm Player even when I press any of the buttons like Intro to Variation 1 or 2 or Fill-In exclude Registrations, because of single DSP engine.

There is no gap or cut while playing rhythm but, in CT-X series, there is clearly listenable gap or cut while pressing Rhythm Controller buttons or changing chords while the rhythm is playing.

This needs to be fixed by firmware update...

• Like 1

The CT-X3000/5000 still has bugs, and one of them is when we're editing a rhythm and the keyboard just freezes and seconds later it shuts down by itself.

This bug will only be fixed when someone takes a CT-X3000/5000 to an assistance to report the bug.

Edited by Casio Key

I have never experienced this a bug.

May be it's a bug in your unit?

But I purchased the keyboard from India when I was there, therefore, I've Indian model called CT-X9000IN but here in Japan I also have CT-X5000. I edited rhythms many times and never faced this bug.

But, if it is a bug then this also needs to be fixed! 🙂

Edited by Akshansh

3 hours ago, Casio Key said:

Casio will not include these updates.

While these fixes, Casio will only fix it when some user who has the keyboard within the warranty period and takes the keyboard to an assistance and reports the bug.

This of not putting updates I believe you tell the truth "CASIO WILL NOT INCLUDE" There will always be hope.

But... The Casio MZ-X after several updates had many improvements and fixes.

As for Bugs, I can ask for assistance here because I've had the CT-X for 1 month.

I just haven't asked yet because everyone I know has already asked for the corrections in support.

Who knows, maybe it will have an effect here.

So what would be the reason for the Post? 

"Proposals for improving the firmware of Casio CT - X3000"

I have given my opinion and I am sure they are needed for the CT-X.

As the CT-X is upgradeable, many new features are possible.

2 hours ago, Akshansh said:

Correct, but I don't know if the keyboard having any bug(s), because all functions are working properly. So, sadly I think there may be no more update for CT-X.

There is one thing should be improved by an update is, Rhythm Player. It is not smoother as compared to other models of Casio keyboards. I'm not taking MZ-X500 or 300 because that are top of the line. But previously released the CTK series, CTK7300IN (7200) have smooth Rhythm Player even when I press any of the buttons like Intro to Variation 1 or 2 or Fill-In exclude Registrations, because of single DSP engine.

There is no gap or cut while playing rhythm but, in CT-X series, there is clearly listenable gap or cut while pressing Rhythm Controller buttons or changing chords while the rhythm is playing.

This needs to be fixed by firmware update...

You said something I had forgotten about. The CT-X has this GAP when switching variations and switching chords. I thought it was Rhythm but I believe it is in player style. It could be DSP Bugs or it could also be Polyphony that went over the limit.

26 minutes ago, Akshansh said:

I have never experienced this a bug.

May be it's a but in your unit?

But I purchased the keyboard from India when I was there, therefore, I've Indian model called CT-X9000IN but here in Japan I also have CT-X5000. I edited rhythms many times and never faced this bug.

But, if it is a bug then this also needs to be fixed! 🙂

The bug becomes evident when using Pitch bend in Rhythm and entering edit mode and also when ritm uses a lot of information in its processing. Keyboard hangs and turns off.

4 minutes ago, Silvano Silva said:

You said something I had forgotten about. The CT-X has this GAP when switching variations and switching chords. I thought it was Rhythm but I believe it is in player style. It could be DSP Bugs or it could also be Polyphony that went over the limit.

It's there even when playing rhythm Solo

The ctx is really a prototype, it has a lot of bugs in the operating system, midi connection failures and functions that work halfway...it is a hastily launched keyboard to compete with the Yamaha psr series and they did not bother to test if everything worked correctly. We have been their testers, and we have also not received responses to these errors, simply... silence. I have been banned by saying this on this forum a long time ago. For me (it's an opinion) the decline of Casio begins in the CTX. With this I don't mean that the AIX engine is a bad engine, but the CTX is not well designed to take advantage of its potential.

Edited by Executor

6 hours ago, Executor said:

The ctx is really a prototype, it has a lot of bugs in the operating system, midi connection failures and functions that work halfway...it is a hastily launched keyboard to compete with the Yamaha psr series and they did not bother to test if everything worked correctly. We have been their testers, and we have also not received responses to these errors, simply... silence. I have been banned by saying this on this forum a long time ago. For me (it's an opinion) the decline of Casio begins in the CTX. With this I don't mean that the AIX engine is a bad engine, but the CTX is not well designed to take advantage of its potential.

In a way, there was a lack of refinement in the CT-X programming It's a complex rhythm program keyboard, currently I'm editing a good part of the rhythms in the MZ-X just to end up in the CT-X. It is a bureaucratic keyboard for programming. As for the DSPs I liked some conjugated DSPs. The UPPERS and LOWERS are buttons that are unfeasible live, forcing the user to save the combos in the registry. On the MZ-X on the screen we have the 4 UPPERS AND LOWERS and we can trigger each Tone on the screen independently. They put an innovative and good sound engine but in a CTK body with few shortcuts and a reduced screen. Since the last launch of the CT-X, we have already had 10 launches of the CT-S Line.

That's what I mean. even the ctk and wk 7600 series have features that the ctx doesn't have or don't work properly. Casio's engineers got carried away with the sound and didn't finish the rest well. Great sound is important, but if you have no way to control it, it's useless. Casio could polish the operating system a bit with an update but it hasn't happened nor will it ever happen and this is what disappoints me as a customer. As I say, Casio has ceased to be important to me since the CTX. I have 5 Casios (and some more that I had when I was little) the last one was the ctx and I think it will continue like this for a long time.

• Like 1

Yep! Found another bug!

Today I'm checking for unwanted user tones and deleting that... The keyboard  CT-X5000 has stucked at tone Deletion...

Approx 2 hours is going to complete and the keyboard is fully hanged or not responsive at all!

See the video. It's stuck above from 2 hours and showing PLEASE WAIT...

And after that, I switched off the keyboard directly and then turn on it again, also I tried same process again but unsuccessful.

See the video

What I have to do with do factory reset... which I tried already but and unsuccessful on that.... 

After hitting factory reset the keyboard is getting unresponsive.

At the last, one option is still available is update the keyboard in the same version (V1.07 to V1.07). This will gonna delete the all data and directly done factory reset and update the keyboard.

Firstly, I backup my keyboard data and continued to do update the keyboard in the same version...

That was the successful attempt...

I restore the data and to the keyboard and again tried to delete the same tone and it's again stuck.

So, only one way is available to to delete that is backup data one by one then update the keyboard and to the same version directly and restore the data one by one... This process takes lots of time

Edited by Akshansh
  • Like 2

Don't expect Casio to fix these bugs. CTX users have never been taken into consideration. One of the most serious errors of the ctx is the lag in the usb port. Mr. Mike Martin has been aware of this for some time and there has been no response from Casio. You can get tired of waiting, the CTX will stay as it is.

1 hour ago, Executor said:

Don't expect Casio to fix these bugs. CTX users have never been taken into consideration. One of the most serious errors of the ctx is the lag in the usb port. Mr. Mike Martin has been aware of this for some time and there has been no response from Casio. You can get tired of waiting, the CTX will stay as it is.

Which type of lag is in USB Port? It mounts late?

44 minutes ago, Akshansh said:

Which type of lag is in USB Port? It mounts late?

When the CtX is connected via usb to a DAW, it starts to experience lag and stutter. The usb port on the ctx shouldn't even go as high as 1.0. You've seen for yourself how long it takes to mount a usb stick.

2 hours ago, Executor said:

When the CtX is connected via usb to a DAW, it starts to experience lag and stutter. The usb port on the ctx shouldn't even go as high as 1.0. You've seen for yourself how long it takes to mount a usb stick.

Did you saw my above comment about? My keyboard got fully unresponsive in one Tone Deletion. I was scared that what happened suddenly! 

If there had to be some improvement, it would have been done by now. But I'm not thinking this will be fixed in future.

Like CT-X, the flagship keyboard MZ-X500 also having many bugs but all the bugs are not important or noticeable then Auto-hiding of user samples imported into the keyboard.... This should be fixed for MZ-X makes the keyboard better then others.

My 32 GB Stick takes aprox 3 to 5 minutes to mount-in the keyboard in half used storage conditions. While MZ-X mount it with in a seconds.

But, both MZ-X and CT-X are perfect keyboards with their capabilities!

19 hours ago, Akshansh said:

Yep! Found another bug!

Today I'm checking for unwanted user tones and deleting that... The keyboard  CT-X5000 has stucked at tone Deletion...

Approx 2 hours is going to complete and the keyboard is fully hanged or not responsive at all!

See the video. It's stuck above from 2 hours and showing PLEASE WAIT...

And after that, I switched off the keyboard directly and then turn on it again, also I tried same process again but unsuccessful.

See the video

What I have to do with do factory reset... which I tried already but and unsuccessful on that.... 

After hitting factory reset the keyboard is getting unresponsive.

At the last, one option is still available is update the keyboard in the same version (V1.07 to V1.07). This will gonna delete the all data and directly done factory reset and update the keyboard.

Firstly, I backup my keyboard data and continued to do update the keyboard in the same version...

That was the successful attempt...

I restore the data and to the keyboard and again tried to delete the same tone and it's again stuck.

So, only one way is available to to delete that is backup data one by one then update the keyboard and to the same version directly and restore the data one by one... This process takes lots of time

This happened a few times on my CT-X5000, but after I took it to Casio for service, they updated the firmware to version 1.08 and it never happened again. My CT-X5000 was the first CT-X5000 in the world that received firmware 1.08, then months later Casio made firmware 1.08 available on the website for download.