Video Files on Forum ×

Damper pedal slip sliding away

gjasko

LOL! The sliding pedal foibles! Yes, we all have them! I have not used a pedal in so many years, but when I did, it was when I rebuilt a broken Casio AP80 into a Roland KR4500 wood piano cabinet and a AP24 into a true antique piano cabinet. Both units had built in pedals, don't ya know? And so problem solved lol! But when it was just me, a Casio digital piano(forget the model, had a huge LCD screen and SD card reader), and a single sustain pedal..well, I had to use an old real piano pedal I built into a wood shell that stood up and was like an L shape. The pedal was too heavy to slide away. Now in music shops, that was another story. I would be chasing that darn foot pedal all over the place under the keyboard stands. Mind you, in stores you have stiff commercial carpet. If I have to use a pedal that is NOT custom made by me, I would have to put thick rubber under it so that it at least is harder to slide around even on slick floors.. The rubber would be that of ribbed floor mats or equipment bumpons. works for me as I am a pedaler for sure when I get jamming!

For a four leg folding keyboard stand, I came up with this arrangement to stop the infamous sliding clamshell pedal. It's made from pvc water pipe (scraps), spray painted flat black. The stands legs hold down the carpet and I have velcro pieces on the bottom of the pedal for added security and zero slippage.

IMG_20220202_132204836.jpg

IMG_20220202_132211960.jpg

IMG_20220202_132236912.jpg

IMG_20220202_132256483.jpg

• Like 2