Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO CT-S1000V vs YAMAHA PSR-EW425

Obscure adapter?  🤨 It's called a "camera connection kit".  That is an adapter Apple has always required for connecting their lightning ports to MIDI (and many other) USB devices.  I'm not sure how that became "obscure".  And for Android OS, that platform has always required an OTG adapter/cable for mobile devices equipped with micro USB.  With the advent of USB-C, both Apple and Android platforms no longer require their previous adapters. 

The micro-USB port on these Casio models is probably the best choice for compatibility with as many mobile devices as possible.  For instance, I already have a data/charging micro-USB cable that came with one of my older Android phones.  And, I already had the OTG adapter, I purchased for use with flash drives and such (because Android requires an OTG adapter for those things as well).  For my newer Android phone with USB-C, I purchased a USB C to A adapter, which lets me use the same micro-USB charging/data cable from the older phone.  

• Like 1