Video Files on Forum ×

Problems connecting to CT-S1000V

I cannot persuade my iPad Pro or my iPhone 11 Pro Mac to transfer lyrics. It appears to connect, the keyboard says “Processing…” for a long time, then the iPad/iPhone say “Check connection”. And nothing on the keyboard. 

i have bought a new, good quality USB-C to USB-mini cable for the iPad and camera adapter from the iPhone. Just the same. 

anyone else with this problem? any ideas?

It isn’t, I got it a couple of days ago and knew it might not be the best thing to do. But I will get an official one if that is the problem. But it doesn’t explain why the iPad doesn’t work either. If the iPad worked, then I would accept that the adaptor was a mistake. I’m not so bothered about the iPhone, because I’d rather work from the iPad. 

It is difficult to find the cable. Apple don’t seem to do one. Before I bought the cable. I was trying to connect the iPad through an official Apple USB/HDMI adaptor. As that didn’t work either, that is why I bought a direct cable.

I must admit I don’t know why Casio didn’t make Bluetooth an option for lyrics. Presumably there is a technical reason. 

Hmm, I am not an ipad/iphone user nor do I want to pay for those devices but this does not bode well for ANY iOS/Android user with this Casio keyboard who's main attraction is the VOCAL SYNTH! Why didn't Casio make a PC/Mac OS apps for WIndows 7/10 and MacOS instead that you could connect the Casio via the USB port(normal USB type B port)and use THAT port for the MIDI/To HOST Audio interface as well as to transfer files to and from the Casio?? I mean wow.. I know of other instruments that rely heavily on you buying an iPhone or Android phone to make extra features work, which is NOT sound business/design practices. Korg Volca Sample I speak of YOU! I do not know, but an firmware upgrade is in order cause hardware wise, the Casio is setup to at least do this. Korg and Yamaha and Roland do it, why even the OTHER Casio models prior to the CT-S releases did it! I am not liking this, as this is not an isolated case. I foresee lots of returns and discounts in the future!!

FWIW, I connected my Galaxy S10 Android to my S1000V with a generic USB 2.0 cable to Micro B (I bought one a couple of years ago for my CT-S300), and used a generic USB 2.0 to USB C adapter so that the cable could be connected to the phone. I downloaded the free Casio Lyric app from the Google Play Store, installed it onto my phone and then connected the phone to the S1000V with the above mentioned cable. All connected fine.

When transferring lyrics, the caveat I found is that when you have the lyrics created in the phone app, and you then press "Transfer", you get taken to a "Downloads" screen with a blue "Save" option at the bottom (see first pic below). I thought that I was pressing this blue "Save" button to transfer the lyrics to the Casiotone, but every time I did that I would get a transfer error. I found out that in the "Save" screen, I needed to click on the three horizontal option bars at the upper left (to the left of the white Downloads heading), and then SELECT the Drive to be saved to first (CT-S1000V - see second pic), as the default save to drive is actually the phone's download folder. Once I selected the S1000V as the save to drive and then hit "transfer", the lyrics were transferred over without hitch.

Screenshot_20220205-145031_Files.thumb.jpg.175848c24803fa09a9343548e06bedea.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-145743_Files.thumb.jpg.ef90f659812197661bcfc256ee96d3a9.jpg

Edited by Chas
  • Like 2

Good tip Chas.  That's something could be easily overlooked on Android.  I haven't tried on the iPad yet.  So far everything I have done is on Android.  The process is pretty easy once you sort out the steps necessary.  Good quality cables are very important.  You don't want a poor cable interfering with data transfer.  I have one adapter here for my USB C equipped phone which I quickly found was poor quality, dropping the connection.  I switched to a better adapter and the connection is solid now.  

• Like 2

Chas, you have got it exactly! I wondered why the first transfer screen, where you appear to be able to select the CT-S1000V, then went to a ‘Save’ screen that showed the iPad and iCloud drives. I thought it was saving a copy there as well. My iCloud drive was open with a long list of folders, so the CT-S1000V drive was off the screen. Now I have scrolled down and selected it, it works perfectly.

Excellent. I am supposed to understand this stuff, but that needs sorting out by Casio. They also need to make the app a proper iPad app that works in portrait or landscape.

D4444C26-4E58-48A0-87E3-7BB7F9750B8F.png

C8881908-B692-41FC-8954-C2A437B1BED4.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No sampling via Microphone and no clear cable specs for the Lyric App. is really disappointing. I will return this Keyboard and purchase something else. I bought 2 lightning to Micro USB OTG cables that didn't work. Casio needs to know that those who buy this keyboard need an EASY WAY to load lyrics.

Edited by Sam N.
Update about the cables

"No sampling via Microphone"

"...and no clear cable specs for the Lyric App."

The Lyric App has a menu with the user manual and a connection guide which leads to this page below with full details on every possibility of connecting.  

https://web.casio.com/app/en/lyric_creator/support/connect.html

If all else fails, this community forum is available for you to ask questions and receive help. Casio helps support this forum for this purpose.  The community can help.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sam N. said:

No sampling via Microphone and no clear cable specs for the Lyric App. is really disappointing. I will return this Keyboard and purchase something else. I bought 2 lightning to Micro USB OTG cables that didn't work. Casio needs to know that those who buy this keyboard need an EASY WAY to load lyrics.

@13.20 onward in my video I show all the steps and how easy it is to connect the S1000V to a cellphone, and to download/ install/ use the Lyric Creator APP. The information is for Android, but it might be similar and help guide you with iOS.

• 2 months later...

Just like the Connection Guide states in the app. Apple lighting to USB Camera Adapter to USB Cable A ) male to micro B (male) and the app doesn't connect. Then I tried an android device. USB C- SUB A Conversion Adapter to USB Cable A (male) to Micro B (male) and still nothing. So I can't get an iPhone or an Android device to connect to my keyboard. 

Its a data cable not just for charging. At this point I have spent a ton of money to try to get this work. I even went as far as to buy an android device so I wouldn't have to use an adapter, and now I am using 1, 3ft long Cable (link below) that literally advertises that it can transfer data. And for one short moment, I actually successfully transferred one lyric and now nothing. Why couldn't Casio just include the cable or allow transfer via bluetooth? Is there like a patch update on the keyboard that can fix this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWDYP18?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

On 2/5/2022 at 3:02 PM, Chas said:

FWIW, I connected my Galaxy S10 Android to my S1000V with a generic USB 2.0 cable to Micro B (I bought one a couple of years ago for my CT-S300), and used a generic USB 2.0 to USB C adapter so that the cable could be connected to the phone. I downloaded the free Casio Lyric app from the Google Play Store, installed it onto my phone and then connected the phone to the S1000V with the above mentioned cable. All connected fine.

When transferring lyrics, the caveat I found is that when you have the lyrics created in the phone app, and you then press "Transfer", you get taken to a "Downloads" screen with a blue "Save" option at the bottom (see first pic below). I thought that I was pressing this blue "Save" button to transfer the lyrics to the Casiotone, but every time I did that I would get a transfer error. I found out that in the "Save" screen, I needed to click on the three horizontal option bars at the upper left (to the left of the white Downloads heading), and then SELECT the Drive to be saved to first (CT-S1000V - see second pic), as the default save to drive is actually the phone's download folder. Once I selected the S1000V as the save to drive and then hit "transfer", the lyrics were transferred over without hitch.

Screenshot_20220205-145031_Files.thumb.jpg.175848c24803fa09a9343548e06bedea.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-145743_Files.thumb.jpg.ef90f659812197661bcfc256ee96d3a9.jpg

@jrhd00d - if you haven't already seen my earlier post in this thread, check to see it quoted above and see if what I pointed out could be the issue in your case.

Also check my video posted a few posts above where I show exactly what should happen when connecting an Android device to the Casiotone, along with how to use the app to transfer lyrics from a phone to the keyboard.

One last thing, if you have a Windows based computer, what happens when you plug the keyboard directly into the computer with the same USB cable? My computer instantly recognizes and notifies me that "Casio USB detected".  That's exactly how plug n play/ class compliant USB should work. 

Edited by Chas
  • Like 2