Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CT-S1000V Lyric Creator App Connection Guide

This should be apparent to anyone who downloaded the app, but I'll add this for anyone who is uncertain at this point.  Whenever you first open the app, if you're not connected to the CT-S1000V properly already, the app will guide you to all of the information necessary to make a successful connection.  See screenshot of what you will see, the button is circled.  The page it takes you to is this one.  The page has full details on what is needed for each device which the app can connect to.  

Screenshot_20220206-102125~2.png

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

THANKYOU!! Ok finally some direction on this issue. Cause most people expect a micro usb to be the typical connector you find with external hard drives which is the OLDER micro USB connector, and not the ANDROID micro USB-B connector. That is KEY. The second, is whether or not the android device has MIDI driver in it. I think most older phones which are more affordable, do NOT. But I could be wrong.. That connection guide page is GOLD! Thankyou!

I think you're referring to Mini-USB.  Mini-USB is the port type commonly found on older external hard drives, cameras, etc.  Micro-USB is smaller than that. 

I recommend anyone curious to go ahead and install the Casio Lyric App.  You don't need the keyboard to install the app.  You can get a sense of what it's about.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Yet another new user with a connectivity issue.  For starters, I know the difference between micro USB and mini-USB, so I know I have ordered the proper cable type.  I also understand the difference between charge cables and charge/synch cables, so I made sure to order synch cables (data capable) and not simply charge cables.  Zero connectivity.  After contacting sweetwater support, they had me plug the keyboard into a PC and there was no connectivity as well.  They replaced the unit.  Opened my replacement keyboard today and still no dice on the app connectivity.  Plugged the keyboard into my Mac USB (using a Micro B to USB-a standard cable) and the midi inputs changed on my mac changed.  Progress.  The keyboard doesn't show up as an available midi device, but at least the port numbers changed when I inserted and removed the plug...so at least the PC knows something midi is out there.  I then grab my brand new $30 micro-B to lightning cable and plug it into my iphone 13.  The iphone acknowledges the plugin and gives me a message about using the USB accessory...still the lyric creator app doesn't see the keyboard.  try the same process on my new Ipad.  Again, it acknowledges I plugged something in, but no communication.  So I read that sometimes there are connectivity issues with Mac, so I ordered a USB-A coupler (Casio allows coupling two cables in their connection guide) and connect my keyboard via the USB coupler to my new USB-C android phone.  Again....no connectivity.  So now I've tried 3 devices (1 new iphone, 1 new ipad and 1 new android), multiple cable combinations (ensuring they were all data cables and not charge cables) and still no dice.  I'm past the point of disgust.  I've had this keyboard for about 3 weeks now, have spent over $100 ordering data cables and I've yet to be able to use the feature that led me to buy this keyboard in the first place.

Please help....what am I missing?

This isn't lack of research, I feel I've genuinely exhausted every resource I've found online and I am at wit's end.  

Thnx

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Just to confirm, is this the screen you are seeing in the lyric app?  

Screenshot_20220913-193448.png

Yes...that's the scene I get from the app and of course I have viewed the connection guide from the first line to the Casio logo and none of it was applicable, unfortunately.  I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.  I saw original posts where people were talking about a connection utility menu within the app, but I assumed that was a legacy version that I am unable to find.  This is on both IOS and Android devices, BTW.  I even allowed the dreaded IOS16 to install on my phone just incase that was the hangup.  Still the same results across all devices.  

3 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Just to confirm, is this the screen you are seeing in the lyric app?  

Screenshot_20220913-193448.png

For the time being, I am moving on the assumption that although my cable is a synch cable (and not a charge only cable), it's still not THE cable.  I took the recommendation on this thread and ordered the IK Multimedia cable.  Hopefully, this will be the last $30 cable I have to buy in order to get this thing to work.  I don't quite understand why Casio wouldn't use the USB A-B printer cable that all my other midi devices use...why use such an obscure data port for a brand new model?  frustrating.  

I think cables or adapters are usually the issue with a bad connection.  You should be able to solve it once you find a working cable. 

For what it's worth, I'm using a braided USB C to Micro USB cable on a new Android phone.  It was about $8.  It works well for me.  For connection to my computer, I use a USB A to Micro USB cable that came with an older Android phone.   I have some older cables and adapters that worked initially for my Android connection, but those had occasional issues.  The new cable has worked flawlessly.  

received_661345858460448.jpeg

• Like 1

The problem is usually not the keyboard.  Note that Casio's only officially recommended connection method for iOS devices with a lightning port is through an Apple branded camera adapter (also called "camera connection kit").  It is something Apple requires for their devices.  It has also been shown that third party adapters have a history of not working properly.  We have seen this evidence on the forums for many years.  If you have the official Apple adapter and still have issues, the problem may just be in the USB A to micro USB cable.  

• Thanks 1