Video Files on Forum ×

Buzzing noise on 3 keys

CMedia

Ive done Alot! of research on the common problem and wondering if anyone has found a solution. Frankly Casio should sort this quickly because the community press on this looks bad for them and honestly would stare me away to another brand.

Here is the issue. On 3 keys I get a loud electrical buzzing sound from the speaker. Mine is high up on the key board. Other people have it somewhere else. The buzzing is over top of the piano sound being triggered. 

My experiment as follows. 

Its only when I trigger hard and medium  Soft playing does not induce the buzz.

The buzz will be louder or softer depending on how hard I press the key

It is not maxhanical and the sensor for this reason. It ONLY busses on the Piano sounds. ANY sounds like strings bass guitar or ever E. Piano it does not happen.

When running the piano via midi playing a vst piano plugin. No problem at all

This suggests to me it is a fault in the wav. Files somehow trying to recreate those preticular notes. Even more specific the middle and hard notes of my 3 keys. Remembering the PX780 is tri sensor so effectively 3 recorded notes per key. And again across all internal piano sounds of the PX780. 

This is not just a problem with the 780. Ive read of other models with the same issue.

Ive factory reset as someone suggested and it didnt fix the issue

So Casio hello??? Could you please come to the party and help. My suggest on my results is somehow I need to reload the piano files back into my PX780m. Somehow they have become corrupt and Im confident this will fix this.

Please Casio can you help

10 hours ago, Mike Martin said:

@CMedia

It sounds like there is some resonance that is causing a vibration internally. This is most likely a physical issue, not something at a reset or firmware could help. Have you contacted your dealer? How long ago did you purchase your PX-780? 

No definately not see my video

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

It is not a software issue.  It can not be fixed by software.  It is a hardware fault.

Can you share where you received that info, and/or what it takes to fix?

Also, do you know if midi output is affected but the issue? If not, shouldn't it be possible alternative to replacing internal electronics would be to output midi to an external sequencer (or similar device), and route that to speakers?

MIDI output should not be affected.  You can use an external MIDI sound source as a replacement for the internal sound source.  That sound source can be connected  to the line input jacks on the piano and monitored through the pianos own speaker system.  

Another possible workaround is to select a GM Piano preset tone rather than the Concert Grand and other main piano tones.  

The repair procedure for the particular issue seen in the video above is replacement of the main board.  

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just bought a used Casio Privia PX. A100 and it too has the buzzing noise on 3 keys -the highest D, D sharp, and E.  From what I’ve read in this forum, this is not uncommon and it seems to be a hardware issue.  Does anyone know how much it costs to replace the main board or fix it? Any other comments/thoughts about this problem?

Edited by JKR
More specific.