Video Files on Forum ×

Sending Program Change "To" CTK-7200

I am looking for some guidance on what program change and bank to send from my laptop to the CTK-7200 to select a certain registration on my CTK-7200.

Could it be as straight forward as the actual bank and number for the Registration on the CTK-7200?

What about for a drawbar organ user tone?  I guess that is in the appendix?  (For example Drawbar Organ Sound No. 100.)

Jeff

Hello,

I am desperately trying to get my CTK-7200 to respond to program changes sent from Gig Performer.  (To change a preset tone).

My CTK-7200 sends midi data fine.  I am taking full advantage of the 3 midi buttons and 9 sliders (in drawbar mode) to send midi data from my CTK-7200 to Gig Performer (GP).

But, so far I have not been able to get it to respond to program changes (PC) sent from GP.

I know the midi connection is fine.  I know GP is sending out the PC data to my CTK-7200.  (I have been working with the GP people).

I am using the Program Change and bank select data in the appendix.  To be exact, I am trying to get it to change to PolySynth 2.  Program Change 90 and Bank Change (MSB) 1,

Can you think of any setting I need to tweak?  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by jeffn1

Thank you for responding, Brad.

So, what if I want to change ordinary presets?

It looks like this may be the issue.  Incoming midi is really only intended for the sequencing functions. 

So, it looks like an external device cannot be used to select a regular presets/user tones.  {I am hoping I am wrong, but this is what it looks like].

Jeff

Edited by jeffn1