Video Files on Forum ×

casio WK-7600 split and layer question

Hi all.

So, I have a WK-7600 keyboard. The manual shows how you can split the keyboard for different sounds (eg: piano on the right, bass guitar on the left). The manual also shows how you can layer different sounds (eg: strings layered over piano, so that both sounds are heard at the same time).

The manual also shows how you can split AND layer, in effect giving you three sounds. But it only shows how you can split & layer on the right (eg: strings & piano on the right, bass guitar only on the left). It says nothing about how to split & layer on the left while leaving the right just the split sound (eg: piano and bass on the left, strings on the right).

So, I'm assuming that splitting & layering is only possible with the right side of the keyboard, and that the left cannot be split & layered like the right.

Is that correct? Or is there some workaround for that that isn't made clear or obvious in the manual?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

There can be a maximum of one split (Upper and Lower).

Only the Upper Layer is available to layer (max two layers)(Upper 1 and Upper 2, I think).  You cannot layer on the lower split.

So, you can have a lower and upper split and a layer on the upper part.  That pretty much taps it out.

Jeff

Edited by jeffn1