Video Files on Forum ×

GP510 Grand Hybrid stuck on Welcome screen

Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

My GP 510 has stopped working today unexpectedly - I've been happily playing it for a few years with no issues. I've tried to turn it on but the 'Welcome' message jusr stays on the screen and all button remain with their red LED on and does not load the default piano and allow me to play. 

I have turned it on/off at the plug socket that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Michael.

• Solution

Make sure the only thing connected to the piano is a power supply cord.  Disconnect any USB cable or USB flash drive.  If that fails to solve it....

It sounds like something a technician should look at.  I suggest contacting your dealer or Casio support in your area for assistance.  Your piano is probably covered under warranty.  The warranty is 5 years.  

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i was able to start the celviano gp310 by plugging in an empty(!) usb-stick (the same usb-stick with data on it didnt work) and then suddenly got through the welcome screen and the piano worked just as always. just to be sure i did a factory reset and after that i could start the piano again without the usb-stick. maybe this helps someone.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grigosavos said:

i was able to start the celviano gp310 by plugging in an empty(!) usb-stick (the same usb-stick with data on it didnt work) and then suddenly got through the welcome screen and the piano worked just as always. just to be sure i did a factory reset and after that i could start the piano again without the usb-stick. maybe this helps someone.

Thanks.  Did you try it without a USB flash drive connected?  

yes, now it works just fine again. it is the second time this happened to me with this solution by the way.

btw. it's called usb-stick in german, it's of course the same meaning as "USB flash drive", just in case anyone is wondering...

Edited by grigosavos
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I ran into the same problem earlier this week with my GP310.  I disconnected the paddle connector and was able to power the piano on and off without any issues,  I reconnected the paddle connector after I powered off the piano and everything seemed to be working again.