Video Files on Forum ×

EU type AC adaptor for MZ-X500 ?

Jay C

Hi

I hope someone at Casio reads this. :)

As the title of my post suggests, I would like help with finding an EU type AC Adaptor for a MZ-X500 keyboard.

The manual for this keyboard specifies an : AD-E24250LW AC Adaptor.

I've been searching the net for one such adaptor, with limited success.

I wonder if Casio have made different adaptors for different markets? Like, would there be one for the US and one for Germany, for instance?

If so, what is the model-name for the european adaptor?

Thank you!

Jay 🎹

Well ,I think adaptors will not be change if it will manufactured region-wise. To make an AC adapter from US to EU or JP to EU, you will need to change the Universal AC cable from normal manufactured plug to Europe plug, which is detachable.

By doing this nothing can be change in the adaptor, but the cable should be good as select by user. 😀

I hope I'm correct. If not then probably I'm not understand correctly what did you said.

Thank You

- Alex

Thank you Akshansh Khare and Brad Saucier.

What I was trying to say is that, as far as I know, the voltage differs from country to country. In my country we have 240volts in the wall socket. I believe they have "only" 110volts in the US, so I was concerned that an adaptor dimensioned for the US market might not work in a european setting. 

On the the other hand, If the adaptor accepts an input voltage of 240volts I only need to change the cable that goes into the wall socket.

IMG_20220531_181729.thumb.jpg.72c200f63211cbc66aca393dc8ee39c5.jpg

As you can see in the image, the AD-E24250LW power adaptor accept input voltage from 100 Volt to 240 Volt (V) ~ From 50 Hz to 60 Hz. This shows that the adaptor is made for worldwide usage. You can easily use it in either 110V or 240V.

I used it in 100V in Japan and 230V in India and many countries. The only thing is I uses universal wall extension socket (Universal Travel Adapter) for use it widely.

There are two ways to plug your adaptor:

You can use Universal Travel Adapter (if you don't want to change the cable of your adapter)

Either you can change the 2 Pin AC cable of your adapter.

Edited by Akshansh Khare - Alex
  • Thanks 1