Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CDP-S360 connecting to iPad GarageBand wireless

dbeals

Hi everyone. When I try to wirelessly connect my CDP-S360 to GarageBand on my iPad, I am getting a lot of delay/latency issues. I read that this is due to the Bluetooth audio on that the iPad is sending back to the Casio keyboard. Is there a way to wirelessly send Bluetooth midi from the CDP-S360 to the iPad GarageBand and then somehow use a wired connection for the audio out of the iPad so there is no latency?  The iPad only has one lighting port so I’m not sure how to do this.. I’m assuming I might have to use the audio in from the keyboard somehow wired?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

Bluetooth audio input is intended for listening to songs or backing tracks, etc.  Bluetooth audio has too much latency for monitoring a virtual musical instrument.  If you've ever tried a piano app on your phone while connected to any Bluetooth speaker, you'll notice the delay easily.  Bluetooth MIDI on the other hand, is very low latency and works great.  So you'll definitely need to add a wired audio cable for monitoring.  

Edit: I misread your post, thinking you said it did not have a headphone port.  You should have a headphone port on your iPad.  That is what you'll use to connect to your keyboard.  If it doesn't have a headphone port, you'll need to aquire an Apple lightning headphone adapter to add a headphone port.