Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana piano app problem

genesis1

I have problems with this. I naturally assumed as it says in the manual, you just need a readily available cable, that usb B to usb c cable to connect my android phone for chordana to my keyboard would do the job. Apparently not. It seems I need what is classed as a usb c otg type cable.

I've now ordered one to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else use android and had to get this otg type C cable?

Edited by genesis1
Change

Just a heads up, Chordana is a legacy app.  It has been replaced by "Casio Music Space".   

I have needed to use a USB C type OTG adapter on an Android phone, in combination with a typical USB A to B cable.  I haven't tried a cable that's specifically made for USB type C to B, although the connection guide shows it should work as well.  I think it depends on the phone.  

• Like 1

Hi There,

I'm having issues with the new app. I tried to dowload it but I get a message saying my tablet isn't compatible. Just got my 3000 last week but I had to order an adapter to go from usb B to A female so I could hook it up to my regular usb cable I use to charge my tablet. My tablet is an Android (Samsung). 

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Yes, Tried using the older app but I can't get a connection. I bought the adapter beacuse my tablet does have the newer C type connection and I couldn't find a cable that has the B type connector needed at the piano and my type of connector at the tablet. Sounds like the signal might not be getting from the tablet to the piano. 

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. 

Just to follow up. I have a a usb B to usb A that fits into a usb A female to usb type c otg adapter for my android phone. It works with the casio piano app. Unfortunately my ipad was too old and wouldn't download either chordana or the new casio app, which was disappointing as its a bigger screen.

Shame they didn't make the app backward compatible.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tbone55 said:

Yes, Tried using the older app but I can't get a connection. I bought the adapter beacuse my tablet does have the newer C type connection and I couldn't find a cable that has the B type connector needed at the piano and my type of connector at the tablet. Sounds like the signal might not be getting from the tablet to the piano. 

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. 

You definitely need a type C OTG cable. Not just your standard charging cable. That won't work.