Video Files on Forum ×

Emagic Sound diver 3.0.5.4 final for Casio CZ's

Jokeyman123

I was just perusing (advanced word of the day) my dozens of software programs on my windows machines and came across something I had completely forgotten-EMagic Sounddiver. You know its offspring-Logic pro. I'm posting this as the final original release is available to download as an archive-I have it, am running it on a Windows 7 32-bit machine and among the hundreds of devices it supported (mostly older stuff now) it supported several of the Casio CZ's.

https://archive.org/details/emagicsounddiver3.0.5.4

According to this link-it will run even on Windows 10 x64, amazing for such an old program. What is it? Hard to describe in less than 1000 words, but basically, its a patch editor/librarian but is way more than this. Unfortunately, unless you're pretty experienced with editor/librarians this may look terribly complex, but if you hook up something it recognizes with midi and your computer-it configures whatever that is, pretty powerful. I have no CZ's anymore so can't be sure, but thought some of you might be interested. And the manual....if you want to learn anything and everything about sysex commands and beyond, this manual is like a textbook history of what sysex is for and what you can do with it.

PS-there is a list of electronic music devices it supported before it disappeared-also supported effects devices, certain pedals, samplers. i am going to test it on a few other instruments I do have, but not the Casios. Might even midi connect a few that are not listed-just to see what happens (living dangerously now):saber:

Edited by Jokeyman123
typos-added content
  • Thanks 1

I have this app as well as MidiQuest versions. The apps are great and the Windows versions DO work great in any version of Windows from 95 to 10/11. The MAC versions however... well that version gave me so much trouble over the SERIAL(CBX style cable)issue and you had to have the right OMS driver and version of Mac OS classic or System Software(7.6). The Sound diver you found is the last universal release and yes it is great. I had the JV1010 bundled crippled version back in 2001 that just worked on Mac OS classic and Windows, but that serial port on the JV was the main issue and then suddenly nasty white noise came from the synth randomly after using the software. The instrument def files should be out there in the net too for alot of the instruments Sound diver supported. I have most def files.. sadly I do not have most of the actual instruments lol!