Video Files on Forum ×

Using Arpeggiator on Lower Split to have walking bass like playing melodie on the upper?

Fab
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

Hello,

I have the PX-S3100 and wonder about the arpeggiator. There is a style that arpeggiate a walking bass. Of course my bass is split to lower and I have a piano in the upper.

Is it possible to play the upper piano without arpeggiator while the bass sound on lower is arpeggiated?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for claryfing this. I guess there will be no future update supporting arpeggiator for lower on PX-S3100, right?

Can you imagine of a workaround how I can use this bass-line arpeggiators while playing a melody on upper? 

Otherwise I really wonder, if that arpeggiators are useful.

14 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Arpeggios are usually not left hand "bass" oriented patterns.  

Yes. The funny thing is, that left hand patterns exist, isn't that? And for the PX-S7000 it is possible as far as I could see. Unfortunately it's too expensive for me at the moment just for that feature.

I need to try out, how arpeggiators work. I have the feeling they work differently depending on the pattern. So holding an accord for appegiator with bass line and then play on right hands perhaps seems not to add these to the bass line. I wonder if there is a built-in split in the pattern ignoring notes above? But I am not sure and need to get more used to that. Perhaps this way there could possibly be a workaround with some tricky sound combinations.

Let's see, If I could find out something. Any ideas for experimentation ist welcome though 😉

I don't have the 3100 so not familiar with it in detail-is it possible to edit tones? If it is, you could "map" a bass tone to the lower octaves, the piano to the upper, thus creating a "pseudo-split" but with 2 distinct tones-which now could be called up and activated as upper 1 and upper 2. Only workaround i could think of-the only other solution would be a software-based one-playing arpeggios through a midi player or DAW directed to only the bass tone in a split-since each tone in a split uses a different midi channel (at least the assignments are in my Casios) you could direct your arpeggio assigned to a specific midi channel, the midi channel of your bass split. Might even be able to send the original arpeggios from the Casio through midi usb out to your software, and have the software re-direct the arppegio to your specific bass midi channel in the Casio-a type of midi loop function.