Video Files on Forum ×

Editing multiple events

woodman

Can some one please help me and explain how to edit multiple events in the event editor ?

I followed the manual - but it is not working.

Suppose I have 10 events in a Phrase and I want to set the volume column for ALL to a common value - instead of doing it one by one for each event (tedious) I'd like to select all events - and then modify the values once and see it applied to all events.
I followed the manual instructions (see below) - :

1) Use operation button to select first event (I assume this means the up/down pointing triangles)

2) Then Touch "Select"

3) Use operations button to high light the other events

4) Touch Select

This makes a whole bunch of rows show up in black as the manual shows as well - but then if I try to change any of the parameter - it applies that change only to one row - not the entire selection.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

Edited by woodman

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, woodman said:

1) Use operation button to select first event (I assume this means the up/down pointing triangles)

2) Then Touch "Select"

3) Use operations button to high light the other events

4) Touch Select

This is correct through step 4.  

On 12/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, woodman said:

This makes a whole bunch of rows show up in black as the manual shows as well - but then if I try to change any of the parameter - it applies that change only to one row - not the entire selection

You're almost there.  At this point, forget tapping on individual rows.  The method is different here since the system is a bit more intricate than one might expect.  Not only does it allow you to define a fixed (the same or absolute) velocity value for all notes selected, it gives the option of increasing or decreasing all selected velocity values by a positive or negative offset value (relative increase or decrease).  

After step 4, where you have a block of note events highlighted in black, press the "setting" button, and then press "note modify setting".  You'll see "velocity modify fix(ed)" among other tools for modifying things.  This is what you're asking for in this particular case.  You want all notes the same "fixed" velocity.  That's what this setting is.  It allows you to define the value you want here.  Set it to whatever you want.  Now exit back to the event list with your highlighted notes.  Press "detail" so you see the "velocity modify" button.  Press that.  It will adjust all highlighted notes to the value you set on the previous page.  

Hope that helps!