Video Files on Forum ×

Guitar strumming

woodman

HI

Need some help with guitar strumming sounds please.

Page 17 onwards of Web_MZX500APPEND-131-WL-1B_EN.pdf shows that if you select certain tones (like harmonics guitar KVT ) - and if you hit notes C7 onwards - you can get a strumming sound.

I tried this - I do hear some kind of a muted strumming sound akin to playing the guitar with "deadened" strings - how can I get the strumming effect without the strings sounding muted ? - Basically sound as if I am strumming some chords on a guitar ?

Thanks

The keyboard generally does not strum for you.  You can do it yourself for some styles (it takes practice), or you can use one of the "Gtr Strk"  strumming arpeggio patterns.   The strumming effects in the guitar samples are exactly as you described, muted strums, designed for particular rhythmic styles.  Demos below, originally done on the PX-5S.  

https://on.soundcloud.com/dDo7d

https://on.soundcloud.com/jtxLz

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kenyon said:

To avoid muted strumming sounds you need to use a lighter touch when strumming and angle your pick slightly so that it only catches the top string, also you can try different strumming patterns and also you can try different pick thicknesses. Good luck and enjoy your cool music.

This thread is not about a real guitar.  It is about a keyboard.  Your post does not correlate.