Video Files on Forum ×

play audio file and cancel vocal; then play melody live

geoff.s

I have owned my Casio CT-X3000 for 4 years now, and am highly delighted with it.

Having made great progress learning to sight read music notation.

I read with great interest on https://music.casio.co.uk/ctx3000
that it is possible to play industry standard digital audio WAV files, straight from USB memory stick.  Cancel the vocal part, and just play the melody live.

How would I do this please?

See page EN-42/43 in the manual.  The relevant paragraph is attached below.  Note that this is just an audio filter which filters out the frequencies most associated with vocal range, so it will also have some effect on instrumental parts in the same range.

casio_manual.jpg

Edited by Mclandy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff.s said:

As a matter of interest.

Can you advise, are there any websites where I can download just vocal WAV files to play accompaniment on my CT-X3000, please?

I don't know of any such website, however, you might find this one interesting:

https://vocalremover.org/

Supposedly this will take a music file that you provide, and split it into two files:  an isolated vocal track, and an instrumental without vocals track.

Because WAV files tend to be quite a bit larger than MP3s, they are generally not used for web applications.  You might need to get a music converter program, but there are many to choose from, both online and as installed programs.  Audacity is a good freeware audio editor that will allow you to import, edit, and save audio files to/from a number of formats, including WAV.

Update: I just tried the above web site, and not only does it seem to work pretty well, one of the download format options for the separated tracks is 44.1khz, 16 bit, WAV file - perfect for your needs!  It also interestingly has a mode that splits out 4 parts - instrumental, vocal, bass, and drums - pretty cool!

Second update: There seems to be a relatively small limit of conversions per day that the web site will allow you to do, without signing up as a patron.  Understandable, to manage costs.  But this will limit how many songs you can process.

Edited by Mclandy