Video Files on Forum ×

Weird and funny issue with CASIO Sample manager for MZ-X.

Just Alex

Guys at casio will never stop amazing me.

I have some samples in wav format, proper length, bitrate and frequency.

But when I load it into that sample editor, I get message "File format error".

File is not damaged, it is perfectly fine - plays and opens in any editor without any issues.

Truly by accident, I found a way to fix it. You need Sound Forge 7.0 Just open that file in it, and just hit ctrl+s! no editing, changing anything. File after that will be usable in casio sample manager.

I don't know, what kind of magic happens there, but it works. 

I'm attaching both "source" and "fixed" files, maybe anyone can spot the difference? The only one I discovered is that "fixed" version is 4 bytes shorter, than the original file. 

I'm asking this because I have about 2000+ wav files, from which I want to assemble sample sets for MZ-X, and sample editor gives that error on all of them. I can load them into Sound Forge 7.0 and hit save, but this is very old editor, it does not have batch processing capabilities, so I have to do all that manually, which is very troublesome.

Hi,

this is due to the header of the wave files.

Beside the samples there can be other information which the Casio Sample Manager does not know.

Try the free Voxengo R8Brain Batch Sample Converter.
It removes unnecessary information from the sample header and then the import with the Casio Sample Manager should work.

Voxengo R8Brain