Video Files on Forum ×

Lyric Application

Hi,

I have installed the Lyric App on an iPad and looked through the manual for it and it seems that you can not use bluetooth to connect to the CT-S1000V.  What cable do you use?.  I have the cable that came with the iPad, which is a standard size USB A I believe to connect to a desktop computer.  Would this cable connect to the USB A on the CT-S1000V if I remove the bluetooth dongle from that port?; or do I need a special cable for use with the Lyric App?.

thanks

The Lyric Creator app requires a wired connection to the USB Micro-B (to host) port on the keyboard.  In the instrument data tab in the lyric app, a link is provided to the connection guide which will show any adapters and cables necessary for your specific mobile device.  Link below as well.  Hope that helps. 

https://web.casio.com/app/en/lyric_creator/support/connect.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans to build a desktop version of the Lyric App?.  I don't know if you could find out the format of the data file it uses, if it would be possible to create an app to allow you to create the data file on the desktop and then write it to usb?.  Assuming the keyboard would allow you to read it from a usb memory stick.

Hi,

I tried the lyric app with a camera kit connection, it saw the CTS1000V but failed to send the lyric data to the keyboard.  In the end I connected a usb memory stick to my ipad and transferred it to that.  It couldn't see the lyric file at first because it mounts and creates it's own directory on the memory stick, so I had to transfer it to that directory before the keyboard would pick it up.  It's a shame you have to copy the data into the keyboards onboard memory, rather than just reading it from the memory stick.  It all works fine when you get the lyric data onto the keyboard.  Out of interest what storage memory does the CTS1000V use?.  It's mainly the type of memory I was interested to know, most types have a finite number of reads and writes.

thanks

14 hours ago, Maddog said:

Out of interest what storage memory does the CTS1000V use?.  It's mainly the type of memory I was interested to know, most types have a finite number of reads and writes.

I would suspect that the S1000V uses a form of non volatile flash memory for storage. Yes, flash memory has a finite amount of read/ write cycles. But unlike a phone or tablet that stores both data and the operating system and is thus constantly accessing/ writing/ erasing their flash memory, the S1000V won't be accessing its memory on anything like that scale. My 2012/ 13 XW-P1 and G1 are still functioning fine with their flash memory, and I even have two USB flash drives from 2007, and one from 2002, that still function perfectly.

7 hours ago, Chas said:

I would suspect that the S1000V uses a form of non volatile flash memory for storage. Yes, flash memory has a finite amount of read/ write cycles. But unlike a phone or tablet that stores both data and the operating system and is thus constantly accessing/ writing/ erasing their flash memory, the S1000V won't be accessing its memory on anything like that scale. My 2012/ 13 XW-P1 and G1 are still functioning fine with their flash memory, and I even have two USB flash drives from 2007, and one from 2002, that still function perfectly.

I was thinking on the same lines.  It would be nice if at some point they started to use either a removable/plug out SSD or a small SD card as the storage medium.  I think the new MPC One+ may use a removable micro SD, not 100% sure though.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:20 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Are you able to use the camera kit with other MIDI based apps successfully?  If so, the lyric app should be able to transfer the file that way.  The steps are tricky sometimes.   It's nice that a USB flash drive can be used as an alternative.  As far as memory, I do not know. 

Hi Brad,  yes it does work fine with midi.  I tried it again this morning and it worked as designed, go figure!.  If you try to overwrite one of the lyrics that you have stored in memory on the keyboard, it does come back with failed; though in my case it did actually work  Shame it doesn't work with Bluetooth.  It all seems to be fine over Bluetooth until you try to Transfer and then the keyboard is not listed as the medium to transfer the lyric to.  They seem to be small files so it probably would have worked fine over Bluetooth, shame that.