Video Files on Forum ×

Issues Starting Up

Collin B

So, several months ago I wasn’t thinking properly and wiped down the keyboard and touch screen with a Lysol wipe to clean it. For some months after that, I experienced many glitches and an issue where the keyboard would never proceed beyond the CASIO logo at startup, so I could never actually use it. About 2 months ago, it started randomly working again for no reason. It has been working near perfectly since then, but now today all of a sudden, I can’t get past the CASIO logo anymore. Trying a reset with the tempo buttons doesn’t do anything, so I’m a little stuck at what to do next. I don’t have a lot of experience with the technical side of things.

Can't be certain, but sometimes even "fumes" from certain chemicals can get into electronic components, traces, connectors and can contaminate electrical conductivity. Since it sat for awhile and then started working-this suggests (possibly) the contamination-if that is the cause-has dissipated enough to cause the 560 to work again. I can't imagine a wipe could do this, a spray bottle yes. All I can think of-aside from disassembly and troubleshooting yourself, or a Casio repair center if under warranty-try some "canned air" and blowing it into the key assembly-not into the speakers-you could damage the cones-or any other part of the panel-maybe around the pot controls, pressure switches-anywhere some contamination from the wipe might have gotten in. Even one malfunctioning push switch could cause problems with the operating system-if it is stuck open or closed-could interrupt the power-on sequences-not so as to completely disable the 560-but enough to introduce some software glitches which could do any number of odd things.

Harbor Freight used to sell an interesting "canned air" device. It was a metal can that had an attachment that could be pressurized with air-or filled with liquids to atomize the spray under pressure, using an ordinary bicycle tire pump fitting for air and an open top for liquids. I think they still make these, I keep one just for using canned air around computers and other electronics, when chemicals are not a safe alternative to clean up anything. or to spray at the cats when they claw up the drapes or walls, or my leg.....

Edited by Jokeyman123