Video Files on Forum ×

converting midi to phrase?

goblinandrogyny

i've tried searching but haven't found an answer for the specific issue i'm having,

i'm trying to convert a midi file i have of a drum loop into a phrase i can play from the trackformer to use with my keyboards that don't let me have custom drum rhythms, i can convert the midi file and import it using the trackformer studio software but when i try to play the phrase there is no sound? the other pads still have sound, but the phrase i converted doesn't. is there something i'm forgetting to do when i make the midi file? 

thanks

• 1 month later...

ok it's been a few weeks and i have finally figure out how to play midi phrases off the trackformer

in case anyone else finds this as confusing as i did, the issues were:

the drum numbers are different on the trackformer as opposed to the keyboards, so i had to transpose everything to the right number.

when i did that, it started playing the kick and nothing else, it seems to not recognize notes which have a different velocity? i'm not sure if this is due to how my DAW assigns the velocity value, but when i changed everything to default full velocity it was able to play everything. the track isn't quite as nice with everything the same velocity but for now it at least works...

• Thanks 1