Video Files on Forum ×

Wireless headset

drnorm1

The front USB port supports only USB flash drives for data storage.  The rear USB port only supports MIDI. 

To use wireless headphones, you would need a device designed to convert standard analog headphone jacks to wireless.  Because it is a musical instrument, low latency is required, so it is important to find a wireless system capable of low latency. 

In my opinion, wireless is not worth the effort, as wired will always sound best.  

• Like 3

I've posted a solution a few times here for an ideal wireless audio setup I use-which enables me to use any headset i want. And for any stereo audio output anywhere. You cannot use the USB Casio connector for audio at all, this is strictly for passing digital data, not audio signals.

Takastar WPM-200. The transmitter take the output from your stereo headphone or line-out connections-it is stereo.  The receiver uses AA batteries and has a stereo output jack for headphones-or any other low-impedance audio device. I can literally walk around the house with my pro headsets (big house) and the receiver picks up from the transmitter several rooms away-unlike bluetooth which is too short-range, a weak signal that will not propagate very far for audio. I've tried bluetooth audio receivers/transmitters-there is a lag in the wireless signal and these don't seem to transmit/receive as far as this "old school" wireless technology does.

I have had this setup connected to not only earbuds, but to my better stereo headsets and it works well. (also good for silent TV or computer audio from across a room, keeps my marriage intact!)

Not a completely pristine stereo signal as would be a direct wired connection-but sounds reasonably good in all frequencies, definitely "hi-fi" sound, not tinny or distorted. As long as you can match the correct audio cables, and its not expensive-all over eBay and other vendors for around 40-50 dollars US. I've used mine for a few years, still works fine. Although the transmitter needs its 12V wall-wart for power-so is not portable-I use a small 12V battery pack if I don't want to use AC and make the transmitter portable.  The receiver can be put in your pocket,has a belt clip or wherever you want to fit it, smaller than a smartphone. The AA's in the receiver work a long time too.  You might have to "monkey around" trying one of the 6 channel frequencies this can be set to to get the best audio with no interference, but around my very electrified house, most of the channels work OK. Might be what you want.

Edited by Jokeyman123