Video Files on Forum ×

Midi file to convert to rhythm

woodman

Hi

I want to try my hand at converting creating a rhythm from a MIDI file. I have a huge favor to ask - can anyone please upload a sample MIDI file that I can use for this - so I can see what kind of (MIDI) file is required and also use it to play around to create the rhythm ?

Sincerely

I think you may want to look at this comprehensive guide by Chandler. almost any midi file can be used, providing it has all the parts you would need for creating whatever you want-from either a stand-alone rhythm/percussion track to a full-blown multi-part auto arrangement. If you look in the uploads section for the PX560 (very similar to the MZ series) you will find a bunch of .ckf (rhythm) files I created, all created from various midi files. But read Chandler's guide, it is the best explanation of how this is done from midi files, and took many of us a long time to create a process that works and makes sense.

If you need any of the Casio converters-the SMF converter, IDES 4.0 let me know, I saved these as at least one of the programs that works is no longer online, and although IDES 4.0 is not designed specifically for the MZ-X series, you might find parts of it useful as it has a midi file rhythm converter built into it that might work with the MZ.

HI
Thank you so much for your help.
I am struggling with an issue on the MZX though. The Casio CKF Rhythm Conversion Guide v1.0.2  shows how to convert MIDI to CKF (and then to AC7) - I am trying that - but am trying to jump one step ahead.

The MZX-500 allows direct import of an SMF file into a User Rhythm - thereby bypassing (?) the CKF step ?

If that is the case- what should the format of the MIDI file be (how many measures in what order ?) I don't think the list on page24 of above pdf will work because the MZX500 has 2 intros and 2 ends but 4 variations and 4 fills.

Is there anyway you could post a MIDI file that I can use to study and paly with ? I am really struggling with this and it will really help me if you can please post a simple MIDI file - just enough to show me the structure. Sorry to keep begging for help.