Video Files on Forum ×

Knobs and sliders went haywire, how to disable

finncosmic

The knobs and sliders on my PX5S started spitting out random values out of nowhere. I took it apart isolated stuff and figured out that something is wrong with the motherboard. I unplugged the part of the keyboard that has the knobs and sliders on it from the motherboard, but now the values of all those sliders and the pitch bend wheel are set randomly to whatever they were at when it was unplugged. Because of the failure, I couldn’t zero them out before unplugging them. It’s out of warranty so I’m not sure if Casio can help. Is there a way to disable knobs and sliders and the pitch and mod wheels globally or to make the keyboard forget the last values it had? I tried doing a factory reset and knob calibration already. Thanks!

All of the controllers can be disabled by editing each zone of a stage setting and turning off each one in each zone under the common edit menu.  Once you do that, save the stage setting.  Now turn on the stage setting filter for controllers in the system setting menu, general directory.  I'm not sure it will help you, but that's the best chance at it.