Video Files on Forum ×

another rhythm question

Tom banjo
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I was trying the recording of accompaniment part by part--when watching a tutorial it seemed the instructor could listen to the drum part and bass part while he dubbed the chord part--I can not get any thing to play except the metronome ----- while trying to stack tracks--I can even  activate the rehearsal mode --but when i switch to recording I am back to just the metronome all pre recorded are silent

If anyone has any information I would be thankful

The other thing you may need to be careful about is when pressing the ACCOMP button.  A LONG press does switch you between Rehearsal and Recording mode, but a SHORT press turns the accompaniment playback on and off.  I haven't verified if this is how this actually works in recording mode on the keyboard, it's just a thought off the top of my head.  But if  you don't hear the playback of the other parts, see if the ACCOMP indicator is on in the display, and if not maybe try short-pressing the ACCOMP button and see what that does.

• Like 1

thanks guys --but pre count I turned off-- And I have tried the accomp button long press and short press --got it fllashing for rehearsal -- and played along ==but when I push stop -start to record the accomp icon dissappears and it just sounds the metronome

I got on my keyboard and tried various things.  First, at least for me, all the other parts play by default when recording a part.   You're right, the ACCOMP button short press doesn't actually have any effect when in recording mode.  I assume you must have Metronome turned on for it to continue playing during the recording session (which is fine), but it doesn't seem to affect playback of other parts at all.  In fact, the only way I could get the other parts NOT to play was by going into their respective mixer settings and turning them off (so you might want to double-check that).   But according to the manual, what you hear in Rehearsal mode and Recording mode should be exactly the same, the only difference being that what you play doesn't get recorded.  So if the other parts play in Rehearsal mode but not while Recording, that seems odd.

So I don't know what to suggest.  I think the only way we can help figure out what's going on is if you write down ALL the steps you follow when you go in to edit a part (even though most of the steps are required just to get into editing), and maybe I can try to recreate it.  Or, as Brad suggests, make a video that shows what you are doing.

Edited by Mclandy
  • Like 1

thanks guys it is recording the parts--the one element i recorded-works as a user accomplishment--there is a way of isolating a part by itself--that chandler showed --then one simply pushes the exit button to go back to full element== --it sure would be nice to stack tracks on this --4 variations on the drums would help my mixes---I 'll give some thought to the video idea--i could accomplish that

i just need to check settings again first

Edited by Tom banjo

If that's what turns out to be the problem (and it sounds like maybe it is), here is one tip to keep in mind:  When you are in a menu where the displayed choices are only numbers (like in these Rhythm Recording Settings), just short-press the Function button, and the display switches to show the actual "values" instead of just a number.  For example, in the case of Play Chord, instead of just showing 1,2,3, or 4, it shows "Off", "C", "C7", or "Cm" as you scroll through the options.   This is also true (and very important!) on the Quantize setting, because the ordering in the manual is misleading, and on the the Playback options like CCT.  I believe it works on some other settings menus outside the Rhythm Edit functions, as well.   I'm not sure why they didn't just default to showing the actual values from the manual all the time, since that would be less error-prone.

Edited by Mclandy
  • Like 2

that did it--so  far I have not got it to switch to details mclandy but I need to get that done -- I revisited the manual with curiosity ---the manual was unclear about this---I had no idea first category was  really "toggle off)--you guys are a gift

I did figure out(guessed) I needed to say 3 beats was what I needed --to get it to give me 4 beat measures ha ha

ten four

• Like 1