Video Files on Forum ×

How to send MIDI recorded on PX S1000 to Logic Pro

Johs

I am trying to transfer a song recorded internally on the PX S1000 to Logic Pro.
This would be a convenient way to transfer small ideas recorded on the keyboard (without the computer).
With a track setup that records properly whatever I play live on the keyboard, no MIDI data is received by Logic Pro if I play back a song recorded at the keyboard.
Is there a way to do this?
PS (I am not talking about recording the audio from the keyboard)

I am not familiar with this particular Casio, but the midi implementation chart shows exactly what type of midi (not audio) data is sent out through the PX S1000 and i don't see anything about midi tracks being transmitted. I think you will be limited to realtime DAW recording of one track at a time. Many even more complex keyboard workstations will not have a facility to record more than one midi track to a DAW at a time. Yamaha's XG works DAW does allow for simultaneous recording of up to 16 tracks of midi in one pass, but the PX S1000 would have to have the capability to send more than one track out midi at a single pass.

Something else I use with a Windows computer is Midiox, which will show realtime midi data on one of its screens as you play, or play back any midi sequence, pattern or rhythm from the PX. I see in the manual that you can set individual midi channels using the keyboard switch settings, but I do not see info as to whether the PX is sending out any midi data when you play back a song. My best guess is no, as many Casios require an intermediary step to saving a recorded midi performance-transferring with software, an SD card or thumb drive, then transferring to the computer for playback. You can test this with Midiox, once its opened and ready to monitor-playback your track and see if it is sending out midi data in song mode.

I'm not sure there is a way to transfer MIDI recordings from the PX-S1000.  USB flash is how it is done on other models with a flash drive port, or through a data manager application.  The mobile app "Casio Music Space" is available for the PX-S1000, but I'm not sure it can transfer MIDI recordings.  I know it can add songs to the keyboard however.