Video Files on Forum ×

MT-400V diagram and parts lists

I have searched far and wide and I just cannot find a service manual for this specific model. I know there are related models, but for the power board MA2M (B), it is different from ct-405, mt-68, mt-100 etc, (all in my collection). Will not power on. (LED stays off). There was leakage in the battery compartment, and one battery was left, stuck inside, but looking at the boards I dont see any damage from that.

I really don't want to have to trace the whole thing, that'll be tedious. Surely there has to be a service manual. Willing to pay $$.

Thanks!

This might help, the CT-410V is supposed to have the same internal circuits, this is from Tablehooters-Tabelehooters I think is here at the Casio music forum. He might help. I could not find a schematic for either, only bits and pieces of the circuits. and Cyberyogi knows alot about these rare Casios. Is cyber yogi tablehooters? I've gotten them mixed up.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040831062937/users.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~windle_c/TableHooters/Casio_CT-410V.html

Oh man... Ok, the battery leaking debacle.. That is a bane of my Casio collecting existence. I can fully assure you that there IS damage from the leakage in the MT400V. First thing you need to do is take the open unit to a very well lit room and get a magnifying glass or something like it so you can see up close, the circuits and components. You WILL see traces that are darker than the rest of them which would be green. Also you WILL find component leads, which include IC chips, that have corroding or crusting or rusting. And lastly, if you look closely, there will be some kind of brown sticky goo or residue on the boards. The biggest giveaway will be the crusty green corrosion on some of the component leads and circuits. A saving method you can use is to apply white distilled vinegar with a tooth brush to all the boards and then wash the boards after thorough brushing with the vinegar, with bottle water or better, distilled water and then spray electronics contact cleaner that is plastics safe, and let the boards dry real good. Basically, a board washing may save the MT. IF you see corrosion at ribbon cable points, then you may have a real issue that may not be helped with a wash. I hate batteries in musical instruments... I do not trust them anymore.. Wonder why? To @Jokeyman123 YES, the same guy lol. Love his table hooters page! He has a wealth of info on the internals of Casiotone that amazes me for sure!

Maybe he (Cyberyogi) will pitch in. Too bad we don't have a source from Casio Japan...I wonder if they archived any of the old service manuals or diagrams, or if these even ever existed. I checked with Casio repair, I don't think they will be able to help with service manuals. if they have them, they are probably not allowed to make it public. I've had this problem with other factory service manuals, it is considered copyrighted material and usually not available to anyone. I would search Youtube or other Internet sources, there may be someone who has restored the MT-400V or CT-400V and will have a video walk-through of what they did. I did not check that myself. I also have 2 very expensive malfunctioning keyboard mainboards I sent to a place I found. They have been working with me to try to restore these "obsolete" mainboards and the techs have been very responsive and are giving a completely unsupported product a good go and claim to work on any brand of keyboard. they are based in the US though so might not be good for you if you are overseas I cannot advertise a service here as per our user group guidelines, but PM me if you are interested, they might give the Casio a complete workover if you can't or don't want to.  I also have contacts in the UK for service techs-again PM me if you are interested.

Sams Technical Publishing has original service manuals for both the MT-400V and CT-410V purchasable as either paper copies or scans:

https://www.samswebsite.com/en/photofact/details/index/id/31197

https://www.samswebsite.com/en/photofact/details/index/id/31708

I don't normally recommend "pay to download" manual sites but Sams is a legitimate publishing company that's been in business selling repair manuals since the 1940s. They also have a number of other 80s/early 90s Casio documents that I don't think anyone has archived online yet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, Francois Dion said:

Thanks, that was really useful. Didn't think of checking Sams. Bought it and I should have a bit of time to work on this next week.

Hello,

I have a Casio MT-400V that was donated to me some time ago. All of the wiring had been desoldered by a previous owner!! I have no idea why. I have all the wiring and attempted to rebuild the whole unit but there are just too many unknown connections. Did the service manual help you out at all? I have unrelated casio service manuals as mentioned in this thread but I doubt that would be sufficient to rewire everything. I would like, to ask if you would be willing to document, photograph or record your repair the boards and wiring as you attempt to repair your unit? I did get some helpful info from watching You Tubes Keen On Keys video of the MT-400V and MT-410.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2024 at 5:14 PM, Riva Lima said:

Would anyone have downloaded and would like to make the MT400v service manual available? My keyboard has the melody chip muted, only the rhythm and filter parts are working... it would be generous if someone could help us

Many have asked, but as of yet no one appears to have a copy of the 400V Service Manual. However, as mentioned in the posts asking for this manual, you can use the MT65/ MT68/ CT405 Service Manual that shares almost identical hardware (minus the filter section).

• 2 months later...