Load touch sensitivity off as default?

NWS
Go to solution Solved by Mclandy,

With the CT-X3000, is it possible to set it so the touch sensitivity is off by default? So off when first powering on the keyboard?

I was able to save a user setting in #1 that has it turned off, but is it possible to load that automatically? If not, is there any way to do this?

Although the manual is not explicit about this, it appears that the Touch Response setting will be preserved when powering off/on if you go into the Function menus, to the "Other" settings, and turn on "Auto Resume".  See page EN-10 in the manual.  When Auto Resume is turned on, many of the keyboard settings are preserved even when power is turned off and on again.  Note, however, that the keyboard must remain plugged in during this time, or else the settings will be lost.  So if you tend to unplug or move your keyboard, it's best to save your preferred setup in a User Registration.

Further note: You apparently have a CT-X3000, and I believe the settings will be preserved by Auto Resume as long as you either have AC power connected, or batteries inserted.  I have a 5000 (no batteries), so I can't confirm that.

Edited by Mclandy

@Brad Saucier, I'm basing my response on both personal experience and on what the manual says:

"While Auto Resume is turned on, the current settings of the items described below are retained even when power is turned off (as long as power continues to be supplied to the Digital Keyboard, and power is turned off normally by pressing 1P (power) or by triggering of Auto Power Off)."

In my experience, many settings revert to their default value if the keyboard is unplugged, at least on the X5000.  I use a Registration (which, as you point out, is probably saved in flash) to restore them if I have to unplug the keyboard.

Sometimes the wording manuals use gets lost in translation unfortunately.  That excerpt means to say do not unplug the keyboard before pressing the power button.  The act of pressing the power button initiates the auto resume save process.  This save process doesn't occur if the power is removed by unplugging the keyboard before pressing the power button.  Once the power down process completes, it's safe to unplug.  Having said that, auto resume does not save everything, but touch response is saved.  

You're right, I went through the process of changing the Touch Response setting (with Auto Resume turned on, as I always have it set), powered off, unplugged for a while, and then I plugged in and powered on, and it was properly restored.  I'm certain I've lost settings before when the keyboard was unplugged (things other than the ones specifically excluded from Auto Resume) -- in fact, that was one reason I created my "default" registration -- but that was so long ago that I'm not sure what they were.  But as far as I can tell, it does seem to work as you describe.

Perhaps the manual would be clearer if they said, "as long as power continues to be supplied to the Digital Keyboard while power is turned off...."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Right.  On the X700, a few settings are preserved (Equalizer, Tuning, Registration Memory Freeze Target, Tap Rhythm Start, On-screen Keyboard, Display Contrast) over a power-off, but the rest, including Touch Response, apparently reset to defaults.

Edited by Mclandy