Video Files on Forum ×

Audio via USB

Hello, everyone. Could you please tell me if I can connect CT-S1000V to a computer with a USB cable to work with audio data (not MIDI)? Without using an additional audio interface?

PS: I apologize for my English. I hope that DeepL conveyed my question correctly

Thank you for your quick response. Did I understand correctly from other threads on the forum that this can theoretically be done via a Bluetooth adapter? Obviously, this is not worth doing because of the loss of quality and the long delay, but still?

So far, the forum settings do not allow me to post more than 2 messages per day. So thank you for your reply with delay.

That being said, please tell me if CASIO has any quality keyboards that can send audio to a computer via a USB cable. I've looked at the manuals for some of the keyboards (CT-S400, CT-S500), and it's always suggested that you use a separate cable (not USB) to transfer audio

Casio prefers to offer onboard audio recording rather than audio over USB.  At this time, you'll find some higher end Casio 88 key digital pianos which can record audio to USB flash drive.  Unfortunately this is not available in any 61 key portable keyboards currently.  

A quality audio interface is really the best way to capture audio. It is the most common way.  Also note that many desktop and laptop computers will have a stereo line input mini jack for audio input present.  This can be used for audio capture with a standard stereo mini plug cable.  This may be the easiest way to get started.  Hope this helps.