Video Files on Forum ×

New serious bug after updating to 1.16, open hihat sounds gets randomly cut

id_deegee

After updating to 1.16 from 1.10 

Open hihat sound gets cut randomly (not sure if it affects other sounds, easy to reproduce on hi hats)

affects all drum sets right after factory reset

all piano keys are fine,

you can transpose the drums  and the bug will remain on another octave

it's  was fine (200%) on v1.10,

I play drum sessions a lot, more than 30mins, just drums, usually dnb

it's critical to me, probably I will downgrade, if it will allow me (downloaded all previous versions already )

I knew I shouldn't have updated

Not good....never had that problem-use drums all the time. Have to review-don't recall if the 560 can arrange the drum map to cut off note sustain from hitting another key-to control the way a hi-hat would work or to imitate choking a crash cymbal but I see this isn't what's happening here.

Try re-installing v1.16. You can't go back to an earlier OS once you update-true for almost every piece of gear I've owned. Unfortunate but true. I upgraded from V1.12-the original OS that came with mine-then went to 1.14 and finally to 1.16. Possibly jumping from your very early version to this last one has something to do with this? It shouldn't, as newest firmware should also include all prior updates through incremental changes-at least that's my understanding of the concept based on other music equipment I've updated. It's possible this newest update does not include earlier fixes which could be causing this problem. Would have to hear from someone at Casio officially to be sure. I don't have the original version update binaries to compare sizes, which would give a clue. If version 1.16 is much smaller than say v1.12 or 1.14.........we have a problem in Houston ground control as this might mean the other fixes are not in v1.16.

36 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

don't recall if the 560 can arrange the drum map to cut off note sustain from hitting another key-to control the way a hi-hat would work or to imitate choking a crash cymbal but I see this isn't what's happening here.

>

it was always been there, you could choke the open hi-hat by pressing another key...

but yeah it's not the problem , the problem is 

it gets choked by it self randomly no need to press another key, in other words if you hold a key it should play according to it's AMP envelope or a sample length and so on. In this case it ignores all of that and just stops playing

38 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Try re-installing v1.16. You can't go back to an earlier OS once you update-true for almost every piece of gear I've owned.

Well I've downgraded bioses and FW on some cameras, it just depends on the developers

I didn't try but there's a chance of success

btw v1.10 and 1.14 has the same size in MB, so they have identical structure with some minor changes

1.15 and 1.16 on the contrary have a different (larger) size (identical), so they have more changes since 1.14

Anyway if it's larger it does not mean it's free from new bugs )

I've updated to 1.16 from 1.10 because of another bug that is similar to this, but it was more specific and affected only some User Cells in the Drum Sets Section, you can find it in my previous post

So might be by fixing that bug they created a new one

Yep, you can see in my other post to you-I discovered this flaw when creating my own custom drumkits several years ago-and this is why this 1.16 update came to be and why I'm surprised you are still having this problem, which must be relted somehow although it has never happened with my PX560, and I've been playing it for severalyears since upgrading. I'll push it, and see if I can repeat your malfunction. I did not try the hi-hats on all the kits, but my drumkit edits are fine, I use the open hi-hat tone quite a bit. I deliberately created a drumkit for my "telstar" PX560 cover posted here somewhere-and had to use a pretty busy hi-hat track on this, open and closed, and did it after the version upgrade. Since Casio advises not to step backwards-I wouldn't try. Look up Korg M3 firmware posts-many users pooched their M3's by trying to revert to earlier firmware upgrades, even though Korg was late in mentioning this possibility. I have one, so I took this warning seriously.

One other random thought-not all thumb drives are created equal-even the Sandisk "Cruzer" drive I use can be erratic- in the PX560, why I don't know. Sometimes it takes longer to be detected than others-sometimes it isn't detected at all, but overall seems OK, and this is a genuine, not counterfeit Sandisk with a decent transfer speed. I'm a lunatic, I test my drives with Crystal diskmark to see what the transfer speeds are for reading and writing to disk for csrds and thumbdrives.

Grasping at straws here, but possibly the firmware "hicupped" in the process of transferring over from the thumb drive. I've worked in computer technology long enough to know-anything that can go wrong, no matter how seemingly small or improbable, probably will. Why my network professor called Windows drivers "plug and pray". And in a binary transfer, even one lousy missed bit can cause a software problem like this. Good luck, keep posted.