Video Files on Forum ×

Local on/off how to save status or change via midi?

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

The 1000V and 500 have a preset MIDI controller mode which turns off local control automatically.  Press menu, left arrow twice, MIDI Ctrl.  

thanks for reply.   and you save that to a registration or my setup how?   i.e.  i need to go back and forth between local on/off at the press of 1 button.  i control VB3 organ on my phone via the s1000v and need to go back/forth between that and the internal casio piano sounds with one click.

Local control can't be used for that.  Instead, select preset tone #1 stage piano. Press menu and then active DSP.  Press hold button to turn on DSP hold so the changes are not lost before saving as a registration.  Press parameter and then stereo EQ.  Adjust wet level to zero.  Press registration and save your setup.  This should save a muted tone for upper 1.  

1 hour ago, d. gauss said:

i control VB3 organ on my phone via the s1000v and need to go back/forth between that and the internal casio piano sounds with one click.

Perhaps this should be the thread title?

55 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Local control can't be used for that but there is an alternative way.  Select preset tone #1 stage piano. Press menu and then active DSP.  Press hold button to turn on DSP hold so the changes are not lost before saving as a registration.  Press parameter and then stereo EQ.  Adjust wet level to zero.  Press registration and save your setup. 

Cool. Ok, that's a step in the right direction. Now how about the opposite?  How do i save a registration with NO midi output?  i.e. just the internal piano sounds.  to be clear , i'm going to go back and forth from the registration suggested above (externally controlling an organ) and however this is possible.  (Internal piano sending out no midi)

Correct, MIDI out settings are not stored in registrations or my setups.  Try this...

Settings:

U1 MIDI out channel OFF

U2 MIDI out channel 01 (or as needed)

Registration 1  (For MIDI controller use):

U1 tone muted

U2 tone muted   

Layer mode ON

Registration 2  (For local, no MIDI output):

U1 tone as desired, not muted

Layer mode OFF

That may work for you.  Unfortunately you may fight the program changes sent by the keyboard whenever registrations change.  Another option is to customize the 5 home buttons with a local control shortcut along with registration area recall buttons.  Not ideal, but I'm sure you can get creative and make something workout for ya.  Good luck!  Hope anything I mentioned helps. 

• Like 1