Video Files on Forum ×

CASIO PX560 vs CTX5000

Which one is better between those two ?

I own the Ctx, and for little while, heard about the Privia and wandering what’s so secial with it ? Is it a "simple" digital piano without Guitars or is it somekind of CTX built into a Piano state (88 keys Upright Piano)

Could u describe me roughly the difference between those 2 and what is a Privia ?

Coz i have no ideas, just wandering 

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

Any info’on that ? 

Coz tried to search on Internet for those Comparison reviews, but’sadly  found nothing about it...

Although, the only thing i saw was, that Privia is more like somekind of Digital Keyboard (upright piano),with 88 keys and Casio ctx5000 is more like 1n Arranger with 61 oeys...but i have’no ideas on Privia PX 560...

Does it has just’the Basic few in instruments but mainly related to a Piano with many more sets of "Piano" that a CT-X5000 eoesnt have ?

Wanted to knownwh1t does PX 560 do better than CT-X5000 ? Is it a better Allaround Arranger’like CT-X but in a Piano Style ?

Is it’like Professional Keyboard like Mirage, Modx and other High-Range Keyboard (which whom u can play the Original Soundtracks movies from Titanic, the Beach, Gladiator, etc ?) and tnat is Cheaper than’the Ones mentionned above  (that cost 5,000-10,000$ ?)

What’s so’special with this Privia ?

Just’wanted to know your’experiences and to avoid internet Reviews, coz tthey say excellent stuff just for the Selling Purpose and nothing else.!

So just let’me know roughly what is great with this Privia.

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

The PX 560 is another segment. It is a STAGE piano with arranger and synthesizer features.

The PX has heavy keys which for a Pianist is the perfect instrument.

The CTX is a new line of arrangers from Casio but it does not have all the sound editing features that the PX has.

What's new about the CTX is its new AIX sound engine,

but we can't compare the PX's pianos to the CTX's. As excellent as the CTX pianos are,

the PX is already a superior piece of equipment in terms of playability.

45 minutes ago, Silvano Silva said:

The PX 560 is another segment. It is a STAGE piano with arranger and synthesizer features.

The PX has heavy keys which for a Pianist is the perfect instrument.

The CTX is a new line of arrangers from Casio but it does not have all the sound editing features that the PX has.

What's new about the CTX is its new AIX sound engine,

but we can't compare the PX's pianos to the CTX's. As excellent as the CTX pianos are,

the PX is already a superior piece of equipment in terms of playability.

Ho i see very well now

For the global knowledge, i knew it’d be a Stage Piano but with most Basic instrupentn(flute, organ, violin, clavin, ) and without being Arranger ...

Damn, i was looking for Privia’s Type...and the more i play with my ctx5000 im feeling guity to play’with some kids’ toy !’and always thought ctx was like Pro’or a PX...

Yes it has great AIX sound, but’everything is Plastic and now i understahd why its "fragile toy that needs maintenance coz of clipping noises and all...

Ok, i understand that they are both 2 different Worlds, but does PX has great sound, tho ?

For PX, Ican imagine that is most likely an"portable" UpRight Piano that does’everything, with "wood" heavy hammered Keys...

Anyway, thanks for clearing me’out, i’ll try to see how does sound those PX Models

Nothing is wrong with a CT-X5000.  Most of the sounds are as good or better than the PX-560, especially if you use auto accompaniment.  Drum samples are improved on the CTX.  The PX-560 has the AiR sound source which features the acoustic resonator simulator for piano tones, upgraded piano samples and the addition of the hex layer synth section.  As far as plastic construction, both instruments use plastic, but the PX adds a metal counterweight system to create the graded hammer action. 

Since you mentioned "wood" in regards to the keys, the PX-S5000, 6000 or 7000 has real wood as part of keys, and they are made from resin instead of plastic, but these are entirely different designs compared to the PX-560.  

15 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Nothing is wrong with a CT-X5000.  Most of the sounds are as good or better than the PX-560, especially if you use auto accompaniment.  Drum samples are improved on the CTX.  The PX-560 has the AiR sound source which features the acoustic resonator simulator for piano tones, upgraded piano samples and the addition of the hex layer synth section.  As far as plastic construction, both instruments use plastic, but the PX adds a metal counterweight system to create the graded hammer action. 

Since you mentioned "wood" in regards to the keys, the PX-S5000, 6000 or 7000 has real wood as part of keys, and they are made from resin instead of plastic, but these are entirely different designs compared to the PX-560.  

Ho thanks for cheering me up and targetting me the little different details, so that everything is all bright and clear !

Okay, for the appearance and keyboard’s style, the PX is rather a "portable Synth" (like ctx5000) that’s been built with improved upgrades, so that it has the Feeling touch and physical appearance of a UpRight Piano ; also, the "metal" to give the impression of Heavy Hammered Keys !

And for that feature, "they" said to be having some Ebony material, when i said the unappropriate "wood" term, but in fact as u said, it’s the Metal Counterweight system of Hammering and the "real wood or Ebony" which is the Resine Mat that gives a very close aspect of Ebony/Ivory texture, on the HighRange PX-S Models which are real Digital Pianos, if i’can recall that.

Also, i can say now is, as it was done on the CT-X and now the PX, they built the keyboard "cheap" and played between the Key "Touch" and the "Sound" for making them look like Real GrandPiano.

Now, since i own the Ct-X5000, I understand this "combo" action mentionned above and thats fantastic as im glad to have this keyboard, indeed !

Now, for the Sound,  u well-explained me that the PX has a great Piano sound which im amazed. is it possible to reproduce that similar sound’s aspect (AIR),on the CT-X with its AIX ?

And for the HEX Layer on the Synth, i assume that there are 6 layers and i’was so stunned with the Sound’s Richness like Yamaha Montage (Modx, Genos, Kronos, DGX etc) that Hans Zimmer’uses for example.

Right there, im not sure if im right with my sound perception comparison between Casio and Yamaha, but i really think that PRIVIA PX does that, but if its the same or poly close or better than Yamaha, i dont know. Could u recall me that ?

And for the PX’s HEX Layers for SYNTH that the PX has, can the CTX5000 benefit of that Feature ?

Not sure, if it could get 6 Layers, but at least with its already existing/present layers, can it make the "similar" deep layered sound for SYNTH’s PX ? OR at least to adapt/improvise a Setup within AIX to reach for the less or the better the HEX’s PX ?

Could u tell me if there is a Possibility to do those on the CT-X Series ?

Because when buying it, since i heard of the "New" AIX, i thought it would’offer that Sound’s Richness just like PX (and the Yamahanmentionned above)

Just wandering as im still learning on CTX keyboard those features that i still ignore or wrongly use, and to be aware on what kind of Potential the Ctx can eprovide, so that i’ll explore deeper their uses and to acchieve it through my above questioned answer !

Thanks ! 

Edited by FlashyEagle8

14 hours ago, FlashyEagle8 said:

Ho thanks for cheering me up and targetting me the little different details, so that everything is all bright and clear !

Okay, for the appearance and keyboard’s style, the PX is rather a "portable Synth" (like ctx5000) that’s been built with improved upgrades, so that it has the Feeling touch and physical appearance of a UpRight Piano ; also, the "metal" to give the impression of Heavy Hammered Keys !

And for that feature, "they" said to be having some Ebony material, when i said the unappropriate "wood" term, but in fact as u said, it’s the Metal Counterweight system of Hammering and the "real wood or Ebony" which is the Resine Mat that gives a very close aspect of Ebony/Ivory texture, on the HighRange PX-S Models which are real Digital Pianos, if i’can recall that.

Also, i can say now is, as it was done on the CT-X and now the PX, they built the keyboard "cheap" and played between the Key "Touch" and the "Sound" for making them look like Real GrandPiano.

Now, since i own the Ct-X5000, I understand this "combo" action mentionned above and thats fantastic as im glad to have this keyboard, indeed !

Now, for the Sound,  u well-explained me that the PX has a great Piano sound which im amazed. is it possible to reproduce that similar sound’s aspect (AIR),on the CT-X with its AIX ?

And for the HEX Layer on the Synth, i assume that there are 6 layers and i’was so stunned with the Sound’s Richness like Yamaha Montage (Modx, Genos, Kronos, DGX etc) that Hans Zimmer’uses for example.

Right there, im not sure if im right with my sound perception comparison between Casio and Yamaha, but i really think that PRIVIA PX does that, but if its the same or poly close or better than Yamaha, i dont know. Could u recall me that ?

And for the PX’s HEX Layers for SYNTH that the PX has, can the CTX5000 benefit of that Feature ?

Not sure, if it could get 6 Layers, but at least with its already existing/present layers, can it make the "similar" deep layered sound for SYNTH’s PX ? OR at least to adapt/improvise a Setup within AIX to reach for the less or the better the HEX’s PX ?

Could u tell me if there is a Possibility to do those on the CT-X Series ?

Because when buying it, since i heard of the "New" AIX, i thought it would’offer that Sound’s Richness just like PX (and the Yamahanmentionned above)

Just wandering as im still learning on CTX keyboard those features that i still ignore or wrongly use, and to be aware on what kind of Potential the Ctx can eprovide, so that i’ll explore deeper their uses and to acchieve it through my above questioned answer !

Thanks ! 

My friend, the CT-X is a good keyboard but we cannot put it on the same level as, for example, an MZ-X or PX-560.

The CT-X has a very good sound engine combined with a good DSP system.

When you get tired of the CT-X sound, the PX-560 will still have resources for you to continue editing and creating new Sounds due to its great Synthesis capacity.

Hexalayer, ADSR, polyphony are some of the PX that gain in quality.

Not even the new PX have as many features as the PX-560 and PX-5S. The new ones are very good in terms of sound quality with the new sound engines.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Silvano Silva said:

My friend, the CT-X is a good keyboard but we cannot put it on the same level as, for example, an MZ-X or PX-560.

The CT-X has a very good sound engine combined with a good DSP system.

When you get tired of the CT-X sound, the PX-560 will still have resources for you to continue editing and creating new Sounds due to its great Synthesis capacity.

Hexalayer, ADSR, polyphony are some of the PX that gain in quality.

Not even the new PX have as many features as the PX-560 and PX-5S. The new ones are very good in terms of sound quality with the new sound engines.

Ok, i see that the CTX doesnt have that HEX Layer feature, but could it be working with its potential ? I mean if it had 4 layers, could it make somekind of HEX layer but less Rich and be still good ?

As for DSP, Im clueless, so i’ll’search on this...

Then’ u mentioned MZ-X and PX-560, they both have the same LCD Screen and format, so i’cant distinguish which one is better than the other, as they both have HEX Layers.

However, i wont get bored already to search and buying any of those 2 models’ because im not a Pro Composer/Writer to make new 6 layers sounds....but if the CTX is still capable to do some similar HEX Layers with just 4 or 5 layers and produce quite nice Outcome,’i wont look any further, tbh

So juet oetnme know 

Thanks

As I've been asking for differnce on Sound's Quality which led to the HEX Layer then searched on AIX and AI5s comparisonm i've seen many awesome existing threads and im reallt sorry to have made  doubling but i have found nice stuff.

However  i've heard Brad's Clip  Sound between ctx-5000 & Privia PX, i was amazed about the ctx sound which convinced me  to adore it more without any regrets.

Also i've seen  the fantastic Youtube Video with Mike Martin (where thought it was Brad in person but still i know that both of u are from a great Casio Team and i dont underestimate both of ur talents.

Regardless, Silviano mentionned that CTX has great DSP and it watched with Martin's Video.

One word, i was so amazed about what can do DSP which i never knew its feature- qnd  I think i found that i wanted to have by acquiring that HEX Layer Feature at all cost, but figured out that with a great DSP in one Tone, then combined with 4 Layers, I think i can acchieve that 6 Layers Feature Quality. Beside this, i was just so amazed by the Realistic Sound of the CTX through AIX Engine and i think thats what i wanted to get.
On the other hand i see the PX Potential too but I think that in my case i dont go for Upgrading and crush ;qny Bucks for it while im just decent Pianist and there's so much to do with CTX that i still need to discover and test 

So far, im just so satisfied  with DSP 

Nevertheless, i saw Martin's Video on CTX5000 showing DSP  and explaining roughly how it should be used to be set in right way, but i got confused with the Number he chose on DSP Edit,  coz seen that mostly were at 800s and meanwhile he also loaded his Pad and Tones Instrument Creationsm so i got confused with selecting the Right DSP Value for it....and he also mentionned that in Casio Music Forum u could download those DSP creations and use on ur Tones and Songs, but got no idea where to find them as im still looking.

Nevertheless, he also created User Tone through  Functions and barely understand what those Attk, delay, cutoff,  do and how to set them up in good way like u want.
I sthere some video on how to experiment, test those Features ? and something about DSP as well ?One more thing about DSP, if understand well, yu can set it in a Tone being layered, then u can then u can layer in 4 Layers (u1&2; L1&2), right ?

Beside the fact of having only 4 Layers instead of 6, i don't see a very Big difference, yes theres ofc in richer Deepness, but to be honnest, i was really amazed with a Tone with DSP layered with MelwString was awesome, coz it gave that Synth Spacial Sound Deepness Effect-like Sountrack and this is the Thing i was looking for .
Also, it might not 6 Layers, but with the Realistic DSP settled into 4 Layers, imo I think it has a betterQuality sound than a 6 or 8 Layered Artificial Synth Sound...

Also, other point about the Plastic Keys that isnt Ebony (or Real GrandPiano), since i changed the Touch Key from 3 to 4, it gave that aspect of it. Again, with the Sound affected to the Touch is Amazing and i was poly much convinced that  it was a Real GrandPiano.

About Brad's SoundCloud Clip in testing Piano Tones between CTX5000 verses Privia PX, where obviously that 1st part was the CTX, i was wandering which Tone it was, because im so amazed to find it back and to use it in my Composing.
Brad, what was that Piano Tone u used for ur Testing ?  

Just feel free to let me know about those willing features i wanted to know

Thanks you all !

Edited by FlashyEagle8

DSP in the CTX series is great.  Two main improvements are the ability to use more DSP effects at once, and the addition of a large selection of guitar amp simulation effects.  

As far as downloads, if you are on a computer browser, you'll see a "downloads" button on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.  This takes you to a page of categories.  For Mike's sounds, go to Casio official.  CTX is under "others".  For those made by users, go to the "community created" section.  My sounds are there.  

Regarding the CTX PX piano demo, both used the very first preset tone for each model.  That would be Stage Piano on CTX. 

2 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

DSP in the CTX series is great.  Two main improvements are the ability to use more DSP effects at once, and the addition of a large selection of guitar amp simulation effects.  

As far as downloads, if you are on a computer browser, you'll see a "downloads" button on the navigation bar near the top of the home page.  This takes you to a page of categories.  For Mike's sounds, go to Casio official.  CTX is under "others".  For those made by users, go to the "community created" section.  My sounds are there.  

Regarding the CTX PX piano demo, both used the very first preset tone for each model.  That would be Stage Piano on CTX. 

Hey Brad, so goad’to hear ur verynuseful’infos !

Im so’amazed than happy about the CTX Series !!! WOOW

I’ve watched twice Martin’s Youtube Video on DSP and decided to test it (while u werenreplying me :) ) and came out with awesome stuff id never expect...ofc its not’perfect, but i’got an idea on those optional features and that just in one Tone.

Then for my questions, i think i’found most of them all, like the DSP Numerical Location, yest they’re from 800 up to 900...

But still some features to be well adapted, thate quite hard, but globally’Martin’s Video was so helpful and so simply explained’that even non-english speaking people’would’easily understand !

However, yes DSP is great and found out that u don’t really need a doubled, or triple or quadruple Layer to set Vocal or Strings while u can get that in 1 Tone.

Thehn’ u’re tellingnme u can put more DSP. OMG ! And i had that feeling somehow but wasnt sure and thanks for highlighting me this !

Now for DSP effects, i saw the Guitar and when i put it on, it wasnt showing up.

I dont know why it wasnt crying out Loud, maybe because i edited that Tone on some PAD or some Tone edit feature that hidded it or because PAD doesnt support Guitars effects ?

Anyway, i can guess that its coz of PAD, while’if i’used a Piano or Organ asnstartijg point, and if id set Guitar FX id have heard it...

or am’i totally’wrong ? 

therefore wh1t was that Reason, the Guitar didnt show up ?

Do u have any ideas ?

On the other hand, as Martin said, theres DSP EDIT where first Left arrow is OffDSPOff. Ive tested it and if i got it’right, if u put ON u hear just’the in-built Tojes by default’Without DSP when its OnDSPOff, and its on "OFF" u hear ur Edited DSP that u created. Am i right ?

Now, for Download, on Tablet, i see that Optional Button but didnt know where its Path coz deeply located in an unknown category. Thanks for brightening me this !

Concerning your CTX & PX Clip, i just cant believe its the 1st one, StagePano.

But one question, did u played first on CTX or on PX ? Coz understood that it was on CTX, then Playbacked on PX. Am i right ?

Anyway, thanks for ur quick response

20 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Yes it's the first tone on each model.  Stage Piano on CTX, Grand Piano Concert on the PX-5S.  

Yes, i got this right. But in your clip which was the First instrument u played ? (For me it sounded like the CTX)

And is your CTX with 61 keys or 88, tho ?

Just wandering of your great Piano Sound...did u put any effects, because when im playing on mine, ofc if its the PX, then id understand y i dont have th1t same sound. Now if its really’from your CTX, Im still wandering why i have some BrightnPiano sound while yours is more Melow, with some Loudness ?

Or maybe is just the midi Conversion into Wave or Mp3 that u have on your Clip ?

Ho, for Privia PX, Ithought it was the 560 and not the 5S. My Bad...

Is it a good one compared to the 560, tho ?

21 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

560 has exactly the same preset piano tones as the 5S.  CTX was the first demo, PX second.  The demo was done by the same MIDI file played back on both models.  I recorded the file myself.  

Yes, thanks for recalling me that they both Privia, so logically same GrandPiano

Yes, i knew it, its CTX.

Yes, indeed, same song then as playback...

Great recording tho

Anyway, still wandering why your StagePiano looks Louder in Timbres (like 002 GrandPiano), from your’Demo, than mine with a Brighter tone on my CTX, and used same Headphones on both.

Did u changed some settings on your StagePiano’s Tone or is it exactly the same in-built Tone by Default like’mine ?

Edited by FlashyEagle8

3 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

I didn't edit the tones at all.  Everything is default. 

Ok. 

For the sound being slightly different, maybd its juet me, i’ll figure out what was that. 

Nevertheless, most important is they are the same Name.

Ho, just to mention, found MM’s packs in downloads Files, the one that he used and talked about on his Video ! 👌🤘

G some folks User tQuestion about DSP

I edited my Tone with DSP options then i came back to DSP EDIT, then the Screen shows me OffDSPOff, im assuming’its "OFF", but it has’some Good Results. 

Then, when i switch it on, OnDSPOff, the’Sound is all messed-up, unbalanced and crazily wrong...am i doing’something wrong ?

However, is OffDSPOff mode is your edited OutCome u made ?

And is OnDSPOff the Original Piece by Default’?

Or is it the other way around ?

Impying OnDSP being your DSP Edition u just created and the OffDSP being the defaut (-before u’created) ?

Other sidenote.

When downloadin some folks user Tones ctx, can u save them them on the Ct-X5000 

Or u can just load/play them  directly from a plugged FlashDrive or’not at all ?

Lets say, u’made a new Tone’with DSP, I download it and i can have it on my ct-x5000 just like if i’created ’my own one and be on 801-900 ? RIGHT ?

Please help me with these Functions

Thanks

Edited by FlashyEagle8

51 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Do you mean weighted hammer action 61 keys?

Yes !

forgot that technology, but i also meant to have Ebony/ivory like GrandPiano where generally many  DigitalPiano are set in 88 keys...

Anyway, the real’Ebony key would be out of cost, but some simulated or imitation with resine would do.

But once again, its weighted Hammer Action i meant to say ! 

Edited by FlashyEagle8

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

Unfortunately all of the hammer action models are 88 keys.  

Nevermind, doesnt have to be Ebony material like i said before, just to have Heavy Weight...

But i looked to Casiotones CT S1, not sure if its 61 keys tho, but looks like it.  

Anyway, there was that nice PX-S3000 with everything, slimmer but 88 keys...i think its even better than the 560 to me. But Price being 700-800$ is quite excessive, tho

But i looked, it has the DarkMode (NightMode) LCD Touch Screen, the type of visual that would fit for me.... 

However, as im owning ctx-5000, from start wasntempted with semi-weighted keys, coz didnt want to be "too heavy" ; started using Normal mode, then switched to Heavy, its better, but wanted slightly Harder, tho) and disnt want "too long" with 88 keys tho

Nevertheless, as u said, there arent any 61 keys that offers heavy hammer. Oh dear

On 12/26/2023 at 6:32 PM, Brad Saucier said:

You may also look at the CDP-S360.  It's a lower price than Privia model but still has the weighted keys.  The sounds are equivalent to a CTX model.  

Yes, i just checked it up, looks quite cool and great, but i think  its still a 88 keys.

But nevermind it reminds me’of a very basic Yamaha DP like P-125 which was very good with 88 heavy keys, but just very Basic real Piano’song and n8thijgnmore, so its quite objective with appropriate selection imo

Edited by FlashyEagle8