Video Files on Forum ×

Px-560 accompaniment timing..?

Piano Jones

Hi all and how do you do, I just signed up here! I just bought a new Px-560 right before they were discontinued...I'm coming from the Yamaha world of arrangers but have owned a Casio Privia in the past. My question is; is there any way to adjust the timing of the left-hand accompaniment? I find it lags on chord changes therefore always reminding the listener this an arranger...with what I consider to be a fatal flaw...the response of the accompaniment on many styles reacts "late"! Is there a way to adjust and improve this?

Thanks very much and all the best, P. Jones

Hmm...just checked mine again-this doesn't sound right, mine has always been in sync perfectly with whatever downbeat I hit the keys on-will always change chord on next quarter note beat exactly right, so something might be wrong with yours.

What you can't do with the 560, unlike a few other arrangers is to divide the beat to "jump" a beat subdivision-to interrupt the normal 4/4, 3/4 or whatever time signature you are using. the 560 always falls directly on the next quarter note beat. Brad might be onto something with the weighted keys-unless you anticipate (at least it may feel like that) the downbeat-the weighted keys can give a slight sensation of delay-i have to be pretty firm when I trigger the left hand chords with the weighted keys to get it right.

• Like 1