Video Files on Forum ×

Everything but a telephone-the casio CK-500

Just noticed one of these on one of those big auction websites, blew me away! Apparently this was a series of CK Casios. This was the big boy of the bunch. I'm watching it...hey don't laugh I still have over 200 cassettes all around the house, and a rare Vestax MR100 which still works, although i did need to replace the belts once.

https://review.wolfarchitects.design/casio-ck-500-keyboard-1985/

• Like 2

Wow brad you are right, there is barely nothing about this one, Google isn't my friend. Most posts if at all are in italian. I found a poorly scanned copy of the manual-a few pictures and one for sale last year for 4000 zar, whatever that is. A full double manual console organ, complete with swell pedal and bass foot pedals, looks like a very interesting Casio. Even has a 4-track sequencer from what I'm reading. Looks pretty nice but  aside from one shabby video on Youtube showing a repair and a few pictures almost nothing is showing up-google keeps finding the CTK-2000 instead. Dumb Google!

and then there's this....what a setup! I know others have posted, I've never found a full picture of the entire system put together though. Now this is a Casio to beat all Casios!! This has got to be the crown in the collector's corner. I've only seen pieces of thsi come up for auction, a shame. bet it sounded pretty amazing. I'm checking Youtube now for demos. We're snowed in her in NE PA, have some time to looky-look.

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2008/04/casio-symphonytron-8000.html

symphonytron-8000.jpg.de1618348dc4dd1509a2f5266e10ffe7.jpg

But then, I found this-good lord....tried to find a price for it. Can't. And i thought Wersi was out of business a long time ago, did have some synthes that were quite different. But I'll stop this is getting out of control. What a magnificent keyboard if it can be called that. Whew....

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 2

Simon the Magpie has recently uploaded a video covering the baby CK200 model. He also has the CK500, and the Super cool KX-101 Boombox. I've wanted a KX101 for ages but like many weird vintage Casios, prices have gone through the roof.

Talk about from one extreme to the other...and yes Chas, too much "predatory" selling lately. I see this not just with Casio, but with just about everything lately on e**** and Reverb too.

And I found prices for these Wersi's at their website and it ain't pretty. The one above lists for 49,000 euros which will mean 1.09 US X 49,000. Guess i won't be adding that to my collection.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2024 at 9:20 PM, Brad Saucier said:

The Casio wonders never cease.  The other day someone in the Facebook group dug up an ultra rare model never seen in the US, the Casio Cosmotone CST-2000 organ.   Look up that one if you missed it. 

What a crazy thing is this? The design looks like a bigger version of Casio DM-100, but according to the preset sound list it also seems to have a PD sound source.

1.jpg

Edited by CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler
  • Like 1