Video Files on Forum ×

Play Along with Playback of recorded song

There are several recorded songs that I would like to play back while playing my wk 7600 with it. They are cms format and loaded into song memory.

I have specific tones using Split Keyboard and saved as a Registration. When I enter Sequencer mode all of the settings turn off and the tone is whatever is assigned to the keyboard. I don't want to turn off any parts of the recorded song, just play along with it. I couldn't find anything in the manual about this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Brad, I'll check that out. Meantime I found that I can set the left and right instruments on a split in The A5 and A7 tracks before-hand did a panel record and then a Bank Save.  Then when I go to Seq i can play the song with the correct instruments.  Big change from my wk3200.

So far, the only way I am able to use my Split instruments with a recorded song is make sure the "A" area is in the display. If the "B" area is showing, they won't play.

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 1

This might help...whenever you are recording with the song recorder-this seems to hold for all the Casios with the 17-track recorders-you are playing whatever tone (or tones for splits or layers) is selected with the "A" midi channel settings. This includes volume, pan etc. so anything you set through "A" is the "live" Casio keyboard track-which now is recorded and re-established in the "B" track-once a song track is recorded it resides as part of the "B" midi channels and track settings. A little confusing, but if you monitor the mixer settings for the "A' and "B" tracks, you can see this. Threw me off for awhile until I understood this.

With this design for tones, the "A" track is always live, and is independent of the "B" tracks once these are recorded-including the mixer settings which can now be changed and saved with panel record. But whatever settings you initially decided upon when playing live-are part of the temporary 'A" track until you record that tone into the song recorder track and will show up as your recorded track settings.  Seems a little "roundabout' way of doing it-but this way your loudness setting for your "live" tone which you can monitor with the mixer "A" section  in particular can be set independently of the already recorded other tracks. This is important because you can keep you live track-the one you are playing from the keys-dynamically dominant from your already recorded accompaniment or other already recorded tracks.

You can bring down the levels of your other tracks with the mixer in the song recorder, but now play your live track louder as your lead, effectively making sure your other tracks don't overpower your existing tracks. Think of the Casio as 3 separate midi instruments in a sense-the "live' part on "A", the song recorder tracks on "B" and-if it is like my PX560-the "C" midi channels can be used separately as a tone module for a DAW or external midi sequencer. You can play a full arrangement recorded in the song recorder-all 17 tracks-and play another complete set of 16 tracks from a connected computer or external sequencer and monitor those settings with the mixer set to monitor "C".

Pretty powerful if you think about it, makes the Casio a 32-track instrument-and this isn't including the live "A" track you are going to play. Brad correct me if I'm wrong. i don't have my CTK or WK anymore, only the PX560 and XW.

Edited by Jokeyman123

Yes makes sense. I kinda stumbled across that and I couldn't find it explained in the manual anywhere. So far I'm working with imported songs already recorded on my wk-3200, which only had 3-4 tracks with data.

So if I save a Registration Bank, or panel Record, is it saving everything in both A & B ? I see mention of "17" tracks. is the 17th track the DSP settings?

This is a big help. I'm gonna copy this into a word doc.

Thanks.

For the imported songs, as long as the "A" screen is showing the live instruments with splits are correct..