Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5s Midi controller concerns

I have had this keyboard for quite some time and love it!  Recently I have looked at using the keyboard as a wireless midi controller for Omnisphere for live playing. My thoughts are to go with wireless midi from the in/out midi jacks to my PC laptop to either Omnisphere, Ableton or both .

Things I like:

-has 88 keys 

-is lightweight

-has battery capability

Things I am unsure of:

-I know it 'goes to sleep' which is a concern. I really don't want it to do that ever. Either plugged in or on battery. I would not be on longer than an hour.

- I would like to advance programs I have tied to midi in Omnisphere using button on the PX-5s. Knobs and sliders are less important as the sounds will already be set. Is that  easily done?

Note- I would NOT be using any audio from the PX-5s for this. At least not at this time..

My goal is no wires on stage and being maybe 20 ft or less from the laptop. For the wireless interface I ordered one of THESE

Can I 

A. Keep the Casio from falling asleep?

B. effectively change sounds in Omnisphere OR use it for changing tracks in Ableton??

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by starise

2 hours ago, starise said:

B. effectively change sounds in Omnisphere OR use it for changing tracks in Ableton??

The PX-5S can send whatever bank/program changes you need. You'll specifically need to configure Omnisphere to handle this.  See this article for help:

https://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/25/en/topic/browser-operation-page05e

• Like 1