Video Files on Forum ×

Too many Casios and too many cables?

I have  suitcase and 2 wood cabinets I had to make for my cables, you're so right.  One of them I designed as a seat for my loft space, complete with wheels. when loaded up, which it is, weighs around 30 pounds. And then, computer and video cables-I needed a separate carry case just for those....sigh. I don't even have my shoes organized this well. The worst part-I bought dozens more connecting plugs....to make more audio cables. If i strung all my cables together-I could probably wrap them around my house....twice. Or tether my spaceship to my deck.....

:spacecraft-1:

but a door rack...hmmm maybe for my shoes....:hitt:  it is a very good cable idea.

• Like 1

I just found another solution-but won't work for everything. Toilet paper rolls!  I knew these would be good for something. Pretty fed up with these velcro cable ties. Also make nifty little boxes for small gift items-for people you don't like...and a nice pair of fake binoculars.

And just so you know chas (you inspired me-again!) I wasn't pulling a Jokeyman stunt, here are 3 anyway.  Can only fit 1-2 larger thicker cables, but it is quicker than a twist tie or velcro strip.
And one can always go to town...add stickies, gummies, paint in Mardi Gras colors, your country's flag, your bands logo or use em straight up  "hard-core" like mine... whatever floats yer boat! Does save some room since I stow these in boxes-I would use your design Chas for the larger cables-I have a few speaker cables over 10 feet long and some large mic and patch cords that will not fit in something like these.

toilet paper cable ties.JPG

Edited by Jokeyman123
added pic and content
  • Like 2

Interesting ideas.  I may be adding the paper rolls somewhere too.  Similar to Chas, I was once using a hanging organizer inside a closet door, the type with about 20 clear plastic pockets on it to hold shoes. Now I keep my cables in a bunch of zipper seal type bags in a drawer.  Realizing how expensive and hard to replace some cables can be, I figured I better waterproof them in event of a flood (which unfortunately can happen where I live).  The added bonus with clear zipper bags is they don't get tangled and it is easy to see what's in them.  I use the bags for all sorts of other things too.

• Like 2