Video Files on Forum ×

Casio repair center in Dover

Jokeyman123
Go to solution Solved by Jokeyman123,

I am anxiously waiting to pick up my repaired PX-560 from the Dover repair facility-I dropped it-actually my cat jumped on it and knocked it off the stand!!! The speaker system stopped working, considering the abuse its taken for over 5 years, still plays, records like a champ. The repair  turnaround time was excellent, very professional at the desk and on the phone. I will post back after I pick it up this Wednesday. amazing how much one misses an instrument like this when it is down for the count. I have others, but the 560 is still a strong contender at the top of the list-and I own an M3 (baby Oasys) and an Alesis Fusion (another form of a baby Korg Oasys), which are pretty tough competition. It's a tribute to Casio-the PX560s from what I can determine are still available, still being manufactured if I am not mistaken. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Why I keep my keys and other instruments covered. But then, look up "Andy's Gang" to see how he trained animals to play well sort of-its not pretty, but then this was 1950's TV-they got away with alot. why I keep my cats away from my music room-when I can but they sneak in.

midnight the cat.jpg

squeeky on bass.jpg

Edited by Jokeyman123
  • Like 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

PX560 back home, works perfectly-I had forgotten how bright, clear and quick the touchscreen is compared to others I have. Impressed-one of the gentlemen working there was even so considerate as to carry it out to my truck!  Most important-sound system works perfectly again, looks like it was handled with great care-no easy task as I've had this opened myself, must have been challenging to work around my mods. I am almost embarrassed to say how inexpensive this repair was not being under warranty-for everything-and it needed a new mainboard-was under 100 US dollars. I have never had a better repair price for anything, I feel like gifting casio a free cake or something🤑 I can imagine with the price of parts alone, this was a gift, a real tribute to Casio. I have a potential new adult piano student-guess what I am going to recommend if he needs a digital piano? Not the first time I obtained a Privia for someone and never regretted it-my brother has one and old PX-110 and I play it when I visit-and it plays and sounds wonderful hard to believe its a generation past. And another of my adult students has a PX-130 and wants a newer Casio-he wants my 560 actually, but he'll have to get his own ha-ha-ha!!  Keep up the good work Casio. And thanks.

If anybody complains about Casio service-I am taking you off my "friends" list:saber:

I just noticed-I had smacked and broken a corner of the endcap where the headphone jack resides, and also broke the headphone jacks-I tried repairing it, got one jack only to work and was going to replace it myself and the only part I could find was on e*** for 50.00 which I was going to go for. Imagine my surprise-I got this home, plugged in my headset and - Casio service had replaced the entire headphone jack assembly and a new endcap-and did not charge me. if that isn't super service, I don't know what is.  Double thanks!

:www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-pianodance:      :boing:       :keys:

Edited by Jokeyman123
added content
  • Love 2