Video Files on Forum ×

Unable to create new package in Data Editor

pianopatro

Hello all,

I just downloaded the latest version of the data editor (both the mac and the windows versions) and for some reason I am not able to create a new package in either version. Whenever I click on 'New Package' nothing happens. Everything works fine whenever I click 'Open Package' and 'Save Package' though.

Is anyone else having this problem?

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

YMMV... If you've not done so, double-check your preferred directories (ref: p34 of the user manual; http://support.casio.com/download_files/008/DATAEDITORS1-E1A.pdf); you may need to change the Data Folder path pointers.

I know that on my first times using the editor some functions weren't working completely as advertised. This was due to where I was extracting the software - in my case, a directory that I've locked down permissions on.

Make sure all your data-whether it's performances, solo synth, hex layers, etc. are all in the "user data" folder. If you have no folder called "user data" in the same folder as the actual Casio editor, create it-it should have been installed when you installed the data editor. Now open "preference" in the Casio editor and look at the two lines next to the "browse" buttons. these are the paths to where the "data" and "wave" folders are supposed to be. Click on "browse", find where your data folder is (or where you created it) and when the "browse for folder" window opens-click on the data folder and click "OK". This sets the path to the right folder-now all your files or packages if you created them will appear in the editor left side window, depending upon which Item you select at the top of the data editor window-performances, solo synth, hex layers, drawbar organs-if you have any of these in the data folder it will show up in the  left side window and now you can create your packages by dragging any or all sounds from the left to the right side window. I usually highlight a bunch of sounds to the left with the shift key and just drag the whole bunch to the other window. Hope I'm not stating the obvious but I don't know how much help you need, so I'm not assuming anything as everyone has a different level of experience with technology, right? There's always something new to learn, fur sure! Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help guys, i feel like a total idiot about this because its still not working for me. 

Ive verified the data folders under preferences and tried following your steps and the steps of the manual. 

Nothing ever shows up in my "Computer File List".  Also what exactly happens when you click "Create New Package", i would think this allows you to create a new package and begin editing, but for me this button does nothing. There is nothing to drag over from the computer file list, how do i get something there to drag over and edit if Create New Package doesnt create a new package?

Ive been doing good otherwise with just editing on the synth so its not too important to me wasting time trying to figure out the data editor.  ^_^

Thanks again!