Video Files on Forum ×

After touch keyboard

MUSICMAN

Kenny,

I don't disagree but as far as the simplicity and cost that the area where you don't have quite enough information. Take a look at the market, there is a reason it is hard to find an 88 note keyboard with aftertouch under $1600. Certainly it is something that we'll continue to study and figure out if it could be implemented in future products.

My opinion is that in the market there is no product to get this quality of keyboard and at the same time offer aftertouch. To get Aftertouch is necessary to mount other sensors, which get a final touch softer and less close to a piano.  The best explanation is that by offering aftertouch; that determines the mechanism, which is unnecessary when the goal is to emulate a real piano, which never have aftertouch.

Usually is a "multipurpose" weighted keyboard.

There is no other brand that offers aftertouch in this range of keyboards and less at this price. For example the Roland RD700NX do not have aftertouch.

• Like 1

I've noticed in the days of the RD-700GX, that the Roland boards that had aftertouch (Fantom, I think) didn't have other piano-like features the RD series had.

You could have aftertouch or piano-like, but not both.

If that's the case, I'll take piano-like. Maybe Casio could figure out something that would not compromise on the piano-like action, but I don't know enough about it. Or, they could have a separate model with aftertouch. Personally, I've never used it. I think I had one board once that had it, and I only used it when I was goofing around with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Will the PX-5S respond to aftertouch over midi?

If so, I'll have CASIO aftertouch for the PX-5S from the MZ-2000.  The MZ-2000 and the PX-5S connected through midi will be like a superhero team.  Bring on the Korg's and Roland's and Yamaha's and Nord's and Kurzweil's (opps, sorry Mike) and anything else.  I'm not scared with my tag team of Casio's with me.  I just can't sample.  I'll have to add a XW-G1 for that or go retro with a SK model.

Will the PX-5S respond to aftertouch over midi?

If so, I'll have CASIO aftertouch for the PX-5S from the MZ-2000.  The MZ-2000 and the PX-5S connected through midi will be like a superhero team.  Bring on the Korg's and Roland's and Yamaha's and Nord's and Kurzweil's (opps, sorry Mike) and anything else.  I'm not scared with my tag team of Casio's with me.  I just can't sample.  I'll have to add a XW-G1 for that or go retro with a SK model.

Hi Brad - Yes the PX-5S will respond to aftertouch over MIDI. Showing how to make a tone respond to AT is a great question to ask Mike in the clinic!

• Like 1