Video Files on Forum ×

Any accordion decent sound its possible? :-)

Xagerado

Well, no offense intended to anyone at Casio, but less face it...there was not a lot of time spent on the accordion sample.  Certainly Casio does not appear to have the passion about accordions that Mr Kakehashi from Roland has....that's understandable.  I've played the V Accordion and it is amazing.

I listened to my accordion as well as the sample on my Nord which is a very good one.  The Casio sample has an unnaturally strong attack which is both too harsh at the immediate outset and then rolls into a quarter second  "wow"-like sound before easing into the sustained sound.  It makes a run of notes sound like you are jerking the bellows on every note....you don't do that when you play the accordion.  I tried for a few minutes to adjust the amp and filter settings. I succeeded in softening the initial attack by putting a little time into the attack on the amp envelope but I was completely stymied in my efforts to reduce the "wow" thing using either the amp or filter envelopes. 

Also this appears to have only been a single sample spread across the board so the entire sound is very unrealistic once you move more than an octave or so away from middle C.  There is no way to fix this with EQ.  Mike, if you have any suggestions how to get rid of that "wow" thing (except perhaps a little for firmly struck notes which is probably a velocity adjustment of some sort), I think we could give Xagerado 24 or so OK notes to work with. 

Xagerado, I took a stab at creating an improved accordion sound.  You will find it posted in the downloads section.  Let me know what you think and if you have any suggested improvements.  You can work with the sliders and and knobs to re-eq the sound or soften the attack if it suits your ear better.

• Like 1

hello jimmyjames I download your accordion sound and the sound its not bad, but for the music I play, is not the best.

I edited one, and now I like it.

there is in the download section. thank you for your work, i save your accordion on my keyboard

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...