stage setting and tone, what's the difference?

Dshoff

Hey all, I just downloaded something called stereo strings.  When I tried to upload it to the keyboard I could only upload it to a setting and not a tone.  That has led me to this question, why couldn't I upload it to a tone?  I'm guessing that it had a couple of tones in it so now it is a setting, correct?  

Dshoff

I guess more to the point is, when I download from the download section, is there a way to know if I'm downloading a tone, or downloading a stage setting? I'm sure this might sound like a dumb question to some, but I'm not very smart with this keyboard yet.  I'm just looking for a simple string sound to layer with my piano sound and I haven't really found one that I like yet.  

Thanks!

Dshoff

Dshoff, Is that the Stereo Strings I uploaded?   I can explain the reason that I used a stage setting for that particular tone.  It is because a Stage Setting gives me more control over your PX5.  If I had created the sound only as a tone it probably wouldn't sound the same for you as it did for me.   I changed settings in the PX5 that are outside of the tone itself.  Those mainly include effects parameters on this Stage Setting.   

dc2k,

ZPF is the only one I can't figure out.  I think the "PF"  part might mean "Performance File".    

ZTN is a bit easier.  TN means "Melody ToNe"    

ZPH means "PHrase"   

ZLT is "Hex Layer Tone"

ZDR is "DRum"

ZSQ is :Song SeQuencer

ZAR :  ARpeggio

ZAL :  ALL Data

• Like 2