Video Files on Forum ×

PX780 - Renaming WAV files on USB memory

sergio

Another "newbie" question...  I renamed a couple of songs that were recorded as "TAKEXX" in the USB memory using the "function" - "audio recorder" etc. instructions in the manual.  I got the indication that the new names were recorded fine, but when I try to access them on my PX780, only the remaining songs with the names "TAKEXX" are offered.

In my PC I can access the USB stick and ALL the songs are there, including the newly renamed ones.

Any thoughts as to why the renamed songs are not recognized by the PX780?

Thanks,

Sergio

You are correct.  The manual definitely suggest that renaming an audio recording is possible in both the 750 and 350.  I have the PX-5S and it doesn't have a rename function for audio files.  This is odd.  By all indications it should work for you.  

Thanks again, Brad.  Perhaps I did something wrong, but I followed the manual's instructions carefully, and the fact that I actually VERIFIED on my PC that the files had been renamed in the memory stick suggests the process worked.  I'm still puzzled as to why the unit does not recognize the renamed files.  Perhaps someone else has encountered this issue before.  It's not a big deal, but I'm just learning how to use the instrument.

Sergio

Hey guy. Although it isn't clear in the manual, I believe the rename function is really supposed to be used for song data, not audio data. It state on page e-49 that audio files must be names TAKEXX to play back on the DP.

Thanks, Scott.  I think you're right, and I haven't yet explored fully the "song recorder" function.  I do have a couple of songs recorded there, but I haven't tried to save them to a USB memory stick.

I did notice that when I viewed the memory stick on my PC, the "A" through "D" folders, along with all others except "Audio" were empty.  That's where the "song recorder" songs must be saved eventually.  I haven't tried that yet because I haven't done much with the "keyboard" (rhythms, etc.) features of the unit.

Too bad the PX780 doesn't allow you to rename the WAV files anyway...

Sergio

I'm so glad that this forum exists and that there are helpful and knowledgeable people participating.  I really love the piano, and I'm trying to get back to it after several years of nothing.  I play (somewhat) by ear, but I'm trying to learn all about chords, etc., and I think that I'll get a lot of use out of the unit.

Thanks again!

Sergio