Video Files on Forum ×

Strange Bug/Glitch

galaxyswan

I've seen Mike Martin demo the P5-5 on sweetwater.com.  In the video he plays a hex layer bell sound that triggers on the key down and again on the key up.  It could be your sound or sample is triggering on the key off.  You might check the settings for the sound and change this. Does it do this on all the sounds or just the one you play in your video? if it only does it on this one sound,it's more than likely in the patch settings.

Are there any external MIDI connections, either USB or straight MIDI, when this problem occurs? I've had strange things happen to me when connected, although not this particular problem.

USB was connected I tried disconnecting that but the problem still occurs. The only other thing connected is the pedal and it still does it when that's disconnected, as well.

Any chance you could try this on another PX-5S, say in a nearby store?

Not really sure the point. This is occuring often enough that if it was typical to the device many people would be experiencing this which seems to not be the case.

So far the only thing I've been able to narrow it down to is that black and white keys need to be involved for it to happen, and there needs to be a certain amount of

polyphony (i.e. it won't trigger on release when playing single notes, or apparently even when playing chords with only one hand).

Hi galaxy Swan. Just a thought, but I experienced a very similar effect recently - even made a video like you did as it would be impossible to describe. Then I realized that the problem was the arpeggiator which was turned on...... Turned off the arpeggiator and it stopped.

Sorry guys none of those tips eradicated the problem. Unfortunately, I'll need to contact support and send it back as defective since the issue doesn't seem related to firmware, settings, or connections. Looks

like I just got a bad apple, hopefully this issue doesn't crop up on any other units. Kind of sucks since this is so much fun to play, and I'm going to have to go back to my semi-weighted midi keyboard for a while :(

I just tried it and mine was fine. I even tried playing the same notes you did.

I would suggest trying to reinstall the firmware one more time. Not just reset it, but download the latest firmware and go through the steps to install as described elsewhere.

Sometimes, I've seen where doing that kind of thing one more time fixes the problem. Not with the PX-5S, just computers in general. Obviously, I don't expect you to keep reinstalling the firmware dozens of times, but I would do it once more. You probably have some time between now and when you'd have to send it in.