Video Files on Forum ×

4 Zones but 16 tracks

Hugh O Kelly

OK ..if i Programm a jazz Guitar on Zone 1-4 how do i play this from a DAW ? should copy the jazz midi in 4 different tracks assigned to midi channel 1-4 or do i set zone 1-4 on midi channel 1 ? 

If you want to play your guitar from DAW you assign there the midichannel on which the PX-guitar is !

If you want to play in your DAW a voice? you assign on PX the midichannel on which the DAW-voice is !

If you want to play your guitar quattrophonic you assign on 4 midi-channels .

Note: Timbres "melody" is only little editing possible , hex is only Zone 1+2 .

- - So , try to experiment with MIDI-IN before you edit any sounds !

REFER TO PX-5s-TUTORIAL and PX-5s-MIDI-IMPLEMENTATION

FOR FURTHER INFORMATIONS !!!

Otherwise your time is maybe wasted .

@ultra.klick

Do you own the Px-5s? 

NO .

I´ve ordered on weekend instead of it one P1 and one G1 .

On saturday i´ve seen another video of XW-clinic-live (Mike Martin), so i dont waste time , there a asks a guy twice a time about "64-polyphony" .

I wondered .. I jumped meanwhile to amazon.com for US-prices . There was a video which ends about: .. exactly NO editing possibillieties !!

I wondered more and more.. I refer the twelfth time to both manuals and both editors and now i have seen it :

Page G-18 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately cancelled my order .

I need tone generators , nothing more .

But this is no tone generator , this is fraud .

Ultra.Klick,
Sorry but I'm having a difficult time following what you're saying and asking, but let me clarify a few things.

The PX-5S is first and foremost a Performance product.  It's architecture and controllers are designed to give you several options in this regard; from amazing synth textures to remarkable acoustic and electric piano sounds.  With the polyphony of the PX-5S it is easy to provide both at the same time.

In regards to using the PX-5S with an external sequencer, yes of course you can. The rules of the PX-5S architecture remain in place in that MIDI channels 1 and 2 can access the Hex-Layer sounds, leaving 14 other MIDI channels available for pianos, electric pianos, clavs, drums, basses and more.   ALL 16 MIDI channels have access to the SYSTEM effects that the PX-5S offers which include Reverb, Chorus and Delay.   MIDI Channels 1-4 do have additional DSP (Insert) effects available.

While the "Melody" tones do not have access to the full editing capabilities that a Hex-Layer tones does, your ability so shape these sounds using the filtes and envelopes is still quite significant.  What may not be clear immediately is that drum sounds are available on multiple MIDI channels (5-16). 

In regards to the XW-series, you comment about fraud is utterly rediculous.  The XW series does NOT have the same engine of the PX-5S, but the XW serires does have some unique capabilities of their own. Not to mention the Step Sequencer and Phrase sequencers, the sound engine itself is quite remarkable.  Are there limitations? Yes.   Does it still sound fantastic? Yes.   As an example this:

That demo uses 1 "Solo Synth" and 3 regular "Melody" tones that are zoned across the keyboard.

• Like 1

Ultra.Klick,

Sorry but I'm having a difficult time following what you're saying and asking, but let me clarify a few things.

The PX-5S is first and foremost a Performance product.  It's architecture and controllers are designed to give you several options in this regard; from amazing synth textures to remarkable acoustic and electric piano sounds.  With the polyphony of the PX-5S it is easy to provide both at the same time.

In regards to using the PX-5S with an external sequencer, yes of course you can. The rules of the PX-5S architecture remain in place in that MIDI channels 1 and 2 can access the Hex-Layer sounds, leaving 14 other MIDI channels available for pianos, electric pianos, clavs, drums, basses and more.   ALL 16 MIDI channels have access to the SYSTEM effects that the PX-5S offers which include Reverb, Chorus and Delay.   MIDI Channels 1-4 do have additional DSP (Insert) effects available.

While the "Melody" tones do not have access to the full editing capabilities that a Hex-Layer tones does, your ability so shape these sounds using the filtes and envelopes is still quite significant.  What may not be clear immediately is that drum sounds are available on multiple MIDI channels (5-16). 

In regards to the XW-series, you comment about fraud is utterly rediculous.  The XW series does NOT have the same engine of the PX-5S, but the XW serires does have some unique capabilities of their own. Not to mention the Step Sequencer and Phrase sequencers, the sound engine itself is quite remarkable.  Are there limitations? Yes.   Does it still sound fantastic? Yes.   As an example this:

That demo uses 1 "Solo Synth" and 3 regular "Melody" tones that are zoned across the keyboard.

Yes , you are right , but i dont understand the placing on the market .

This is the only chance for casio to reenter the synthie market with a very nice looking 88-keys . Today i thought the korg krome was the answer of korg to casio . 256-polyphony versus 800x480/7" incl. 3,8GB pianosounds .

As you see on my first posts i have described not only what  - i - want . I think casio have wasted a good chance because of concepting a performance keyboard . and because of the supreme 256-poly .

I dont think that this mini-display does affect any user while playing . You have an pc-editor , so constructive editing is easily possible .

XW : i nearly know (all) your videos and nearly all youtubes refer to

This is why i ordered it .

But on videos -and here- the same occurs : nobody can tell exactly how it functions . Simplest things are not clear . Okay is a beginner synth and thought for the youth . But this is not the essence .

You made hours and hours of videos instead of printing a "new" manual - for "advanced" users .

The same occurs on PX-5s . I cannot find a standard midi-implementation . Should i print and scroll through 83-pages ?  only to know which things are sent/received ? This is abnormal , i think .

You can make in 2-3 month the biggest synthesizer in world with very very low costs .

But you must develope a new thinking - away from this marketing concept : yes we restrict the possibilieties of nearly all although it costs us nothing because of the price level we want to "reach" .

You all are old enough to know the synthesizer-concept .

I have an korg dss-1 from 1986 with three syntheseforms (add.+subtr.+drawwaveform) .

I ask what has changed since the last 27 years!

Read again my postings!

Ultra.Klick,
I'm sorry you don't understand the placement of the products in the market.  The XW's and the PX-5S are both very unique compared to other products on the market.  You state that you think we've "wasted a good chance" but both the XW's and the PX-5S have been quite successful.  I think they're successful because they're not like other products. Clearly it does not take 3.8GB in piano sounds as most people agree the piano in the PX-5S is superior.

I'm not sure, but it does not appear that you've watched the Ustream clinics that I've done on the XW series and the PX-5S.  I agree manuals should be better, but that is also why we've done the blog sites that are filled with tutorials:

http://xwsynth.wordpress.com

http://priviapro.wordpress.com

In addition to the blog and forum, there is also a users group on Facebook.  I'd be surprised if you could find this level of support from most manufacturers. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure, but it does not appear that you've watched the Ustream clinics that I've done on the XW series and the PX-5S.  I agree manuals should be better, but that is also why we've done the blog sites that are filled with tutorials:

http://xwsynth.wordpress.com

http://priviapro.wordpress.com

In addition to the blog and forum, there is also a users group on Facebook.  I'd be surprised if you could find this level of support from most manufacturers. 

I´ve seen this wordpress blogs . I´m not interested in buying an  iPad for using this editors .

There are also a lot of helpful sites for all what you can buy or have bought in this world .

But for what i should read this sites - i have other things to do than reading and reading ...

Other Example: One P1 plus iPad are the same price as an Korg Krome or Kurzweil PC3LE7 .

This products or editors needs no explanation . And there is no needing for reading a lot of sites or forums .

I´m in the past a "Yama-highaner" . They have a perfect system of absolutely incompatibility with the own products .

And have a price politics like no other : Great polyphony with very heavy editing possibilities BUT miniatured-displays .

Or little polyphony with bigger displays . From Yamaha you can only choose the biggest and best .

Common to all of them is :  a lot of printed information .

Biggest i know is Korg M3XP with more then 1000 pages . This is a little bit oversized ?