Video Files on Forum ×

Leslie Emulation

SouthSeaIsland

I am very new to the PX5s and have been working my way through it. I am very disappointed in the manual. I wish someone would write a simple straight forward manual. Been watching the how-to videos with Mike Martin and they are helping. I love the feel of this keyboard and the sounds are good. The only complaint I have so far is the Leslie emulation on a lot of the organ sounds. In many of the videos, the Leslie sounds Mike gets are phenomenal, but mine seem more like (this is the best way I can describe it), a 45 rpm record (for all you old school audiophiles) when you have lost the little yellow insert that keeps the record centered and you eye it up on the turntable, but it is just slightly off center, giving it a phase type sound more than a true Leslie. I'm fairly certain it is something I am not doing, The manual is not helping. I play in a Blues, Blues Rock band and the many organ sounds are of course an absolute necessity. I would greatly appreciate any help to point me in the right direction on how to modify the sound to get what I need. 

The guy in the shop was saying how much like a hammond his nord double organ was

I said my hammond KX3c was better 

He said no

So I brought in mine the the next day and

after 20 seconds he conceded.

I guess what I'm saying is if a hammond sound is important to you you should buy a …….,(trade in the mother-in-law)

Its great in  blues band

But I never said that in a casio forum

As for leslie

Indeed this was answered on Facebook. Sorry for the delay getting back here to post that it was solved. But I do have another question. I would like to be able to edit all the organ sounds or at least most of them to include the Leslie setting. I downloaded Mike's posting of the various organ tones, but can't seem to get it to load. I downloaded a lot of the sounds that have been posted by various members of the community and I must give huge kudos to Mike for nailing that Blues Harp sound. Since I play in a blues band, that sound is one of my new favorites. Would anybody be willing to point me in the right direction to 1. Get those 9 organ sounds that Mike modified to load (I use the editor). For me, to make my life easy on stage, I would like to have all of Mikes organ sounds as a stage setting (preferably in one bank) and others as the lead sound in each bank. So for example, bank 1: All organs (that Mike modified to work with Leslie) and then the first setting in each stage setting, the sounds I want. That way I can make it simple to select stuff on the fly quickly. Using the Editor, it seems you have to replace one setting with another. Is there a way to simply get the sounds to "switch locations"? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

• Like 1

LOL...  Me and Mike designed separate Blues harp sounds at the same time on the same day.  I posted my version here. He saw it and went to work on his version and then we compared the 2.  They ended up being very different.  

To answer your question, simply drag the downloaded tones from the left hand side to the right hand side of the screen.  You'll be in the transfer tab for this.  Also, choose the category for the type of file you are transferring.  When you have Mike's organ tones loaded, you can put one in an organ stage setting like 0-6 and then save it in the bank location you wish. Repeat for the other organ tones. 

I had asked Brad about loading new tones onto the keyboard. I was under the impression that I was replacing the tones that were already there by dragging them to the right in the editor. He let me know that the U designation in front of each tone was in fact a User designation and that "replacing" the setting was exactly what I wanted to do. I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely. Thanks again.

• Like 1

This should have been included before the post above. I received your response and I am in the editor under melody tones. Mike's tones are on the left and on the right is PNO:U:20 GrnPnoConcert 20-39 and then it begins AiR E. Piano1 etc. which I can figure corresponds to the tone bank. I don't want to replace any of the existing tones, merely to add Mike's update. I realize from the screen on the keyboard that there seems to be room to add many "User Tones" but as I drag it over it asks if I want to replace the existing tone, and of course I don't so....