Video Files on Forum ×

Technical info about the PX5S

User 29303

so this is cool ....Triton 64 MB sample ROM ....Motif XF6 761 MB sample ROM ....KORG Kronos 30 GB on FlashDisk inside of samples

PX5S ? who knows we have 1 GB sdram flash inside from Winbond and  also 1GB EEPROM ( programable rom) .

1.11 update was some around 107 MB and there was added some new samples ,,,in theory we could have a lot of samples inside using the 1GB.

I think the software by iteself can´t be so big so maybe we have around 700MB of samples in the PX5S if the

flash is fully used ...

What makes me wonder windbond flash cost about 2 $ why is it so difficult to add 4 or 16 GB of sample ram in the

synths ? we play around with sample pianos on the PC/ MAC using 2 -4 -6 -32 GB of samples...

and in the Syntesizers we still play with nuts.....

Anyway there is also a JTAG insinde on the MainBoard so the System is open for software updates. ,,,and i am not shure if the Connector N1 is used or free for future updates.....

I hope MIKE will inform us how much of the 1GB sample RAM & ROM is actually used ....