Video Files on Forum ×

is it possible to connect a Nano Kontrol ?

piattica

Scott is right. I tried connecting a Nano Kontrol to the PX-350 midi/USB ports directly and it will not do anything unless you connect it to your computer with the Korg NanoKontrol software editor to set up your CC messages and then connected to the PX-it needs it's software USB midi driver and the software installed on your computer to work at all, at least with a windows machine/OS.  Even then I could not get the PX to respond to anything but midi cc messages for chorus and reverb depth. I believe if you wish to control the PX5s software editor with the NanoKontrol that might work but again you will have to make settings with the NanoKontrol software editor that match CC messages for the PX5S editor. Let me know how you do as i'm still trying to control the PX-350 with the NanoKontrol and it's software which has very limited editing control and no software editor like the PX5S.

This whole industry move toward USB MIDI connectivity seems to be geared solely toward studio use.  A couple of times I've found a small, affordable controller full of options that can't be directly plugged directly into a keyboard for performance because it only has a Mini USB out.  It's not the keyboards' faults, since the controllers surely have their own drivers that have to be installed rather than directly using a standard like MIDI.  Sure is a bummer, though!